Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me buy Ghee, Coconut & Almond Flour page

rocknroll is offline Senior Member

Help me buy Ghee, Coconut & Almond Flour

Shop Now
    I'm sure this has been brought up before, so I apologize for being lazy!

I cannot find a store that has good prices on ghee, almond flour, and coconut products (flour, milk, etc.). Sure there's a "whole paycheck" in town but the products there are prohibitively expensive. Does anyone know any good websites that sells this stuff? Are there any other primal replacement cooking goods I should know about?

Your help is very appreciated!

elwyne is offline Senior Member
    Trader Joe's carries almond flour.
    I have not looked for the others but I bet ethnic stores carry them.

it1958 is offline Senior Member
    according to Elana's Pantry, there's only one kind of almond flour to get:

http://www.elanaspantry.com/frequent...s/#almondflour

I suppose it depends on what you're going to use it for...

I use Bob's Red Mill coconut flour (but will buy "Let's Do Organic" from Amazon next time I order).

I've never bought coconut milk, just coconut oil (from Tropical Traditions).

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    you can make your own ghee! buy some unsalted organic butter, cheese cloth, and a fine mesh strainer here's a link:
    http://www.ayurbalance.com/explore_howtosghee.htm
    it takes about 30mins total give or take...and is a whole lot cheaper than $8.00/lb

melarmy is offline Junior Member
    As crazy as it might sound...... Amazon.

They tend to have quite a few options and you might have to do a little side research on the quality and to make sure there aren't any weird additional ingredients but it's not a bad place to start.

The almond flour I got from them was excellent and much cheaper than I would have paid if I'd bought it locally.

maba is offline Senior Member
    Make your own ghee - it's REALLY easy, check youtube for instructions. Plus, you can be sure there are no additives unlike store-bought ghee. I personally love Kerrygold Irish butter. I got AF from Trader Joe's for a reasonable price. As for Coconut milk, most grocery stores carry them. Whole Paycheck's store brand is inexpensive. I've used Bob's Red Mill coconut flour - a small pack goes a long way. I like the Let's Do Organic brand for other coconut products. And then there's Amazon.

IntrinsicArt is offline Senior Member
    you can make your own ghee! buy some unsalted organic butter, cheese cloth, and a fine mesh strainer here's a link:
    http://www.ayurbalance.com/explore_howtosghee.htm
    it takes about 30mins total give or take...and is a whole lot cheaper than $8.00/lb
    +1

eltigabii is offline Member
    I just went to Kroger today.... got 4 bags of Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour for like $2.02/pkg. It was on sale cause it was nearing the sell by date. I made some banana bread today and put the rest of the flour in the freezer. Stuff is regularly $10.49 or something... needless to say, I grabbed every single package that was left. lol.

rocknroll is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the suggestions! I will probably order from Amazon this weekend. Great posts on how to make ghee, I didn't even consider that! You guys are so helpful.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Almond meal - www.honeyvillegrains.com, $29.00 for 5 lbs. They have a blanched one and one with skins ground in. Both are fabulous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast