Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Typicaly Day? page

Drifter is offline Member

Typicaly Day?

Primal Fuel
    For people that skip breakfast (there seem to be a lot of you), what does the rest of your day look like meal wise? In order to get in enough protein if i skip breakfast I would have to have a very large lunch and dinner, so i am curious how you do it.

I usually have a big salad with chicken for lunch (4-5 oz) and then some sort of sauteed veggies and steak/chicken/fish etc (again 4- 5 oz) for dinner. Do you just bump these up in size?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Today was just one of those days. I intended to at least have some yogurt this morning but ran out the door without time to eat.

Breakfast: Coffee with coconut milk. I can't miss that, no matter what- lol

Lunch: Big bowl of turkey and herb soup. (Sorta being a scavenger and cooked the hell out of the Christmas turkey carcass. Added lots of herbs and spices. Didn't have any veg to go in it.) I'd say 10-ish ounces of ham, and 2 cups of broth.

Dinner: 2-3 cups of cabbage and 8-10 ounces of ham, with home-made tamari/mustard dressing.

If I felt lacking I'd have just had the yogurt for dessert, or cooked up a couple eggs with dinner.

gordo is offline Senior Member
    I eat three full meals plus lots of snacks during the eight hour window. I'm specifically trying to gain a little weight, though.

Gordo

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    If I am not working, then I start my day with 6 eggs over easy, a few strips of bacon, and a huge pile of broccoli and cauliflower. Then I will have dinner that consists of some kind of meat plus a bunch of veggies. Then I treat myself to a smoothie in the evening which consists of frozen wild blueberries, maybe some nut butter and/or cream, and a few other ingredients.

One thing to mention, I no longer worry about protein. I was buying and adding in protein powder to my drinks, and always counting to make sure I got in enough grams every day. I no longer do that, and I feel like I have retained my strength and muscle mass just fine. I have heard too often now that the protein requirements we hear are greatly exaggerated. If you lift weights, then your body will respond. So, I just eat more fat now, plus some good protein, veggies and fruits.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I eat twice a day. I don't weigh/measure these days, but I'm pretty sure I eat 10 oz of protein in one meal (what you eat in any entire day), plus a big pile of vegetables. If I'm eating a curry/stew/soup/chili, I always have seconds, sometimes thirds. I am a petite female.

Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post

One thing to mention, I no longer worry about protein. I was buying and adding in protein powder to my drinks, and always counting to make sure I got in enough grams every day. I no longer do that, and I feel like I have retained my strength and muscle mass just fine. I have heard too often now that the protein requirements we hear are greatly exaggerated. If you lift weights, then your body will respond. So, I just eat more fat now, plus some good protein, veggies and fruits.
    +1
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    Here is my day today.

1732 calories. Fat - 121 g (62%), Carbs - 80 g (36 fiber) (14%), Protein - 104 g (24%)

B - 18 hour IF
    L - BAS, fage with raspberries (11:30 am)
    S- quest protein bar (2:00 pm)
    D - grass fed rib-eye, acorn squash, artichoke with dippin' butter, and a pear. (5:00 pm)

I normally wouldn't have eaten the protein bar but I was really hungry right after I exercised which was after lunch.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    My usual day, of late:

First meal at noon or so (after a 16+ hour fast) -- 1-2 cups spinach and 4-7 oz tuna dressed with fish oil, olive oil, balsamic, potassium salt, and spices. On weekends, I often have an omelette and bacon instead.

Second meal in evening -- 6-10 oz meat (beef, lamb, chicken, pork, whatever), often cooked into an ethnic dish like curry or tagine, with plenty of veggies and maybe some coconut milk. Or, I might have something like a couple grilled chops with sauteed chard and roasted squash.
    Last edited by BarbeyGirl; 12-30-2010 at 07:05 AM.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

eltigabii is offline Member
    I break my fast at around 16 hours and usually make myself some breakfast food like fried eggs, bacon, salsa and a slice of home made bread. At work, I break fast with other food. I try to get a lot of protein and veggies in.. tuna salad, chicken salad... I don't eat so much anymore. I really enjoy being in the fasted state. I prefer to work out in a fasted state also.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I don't eat breakfast and usually just have two meals, lunch and dinner. Meat portions are typically 6-8+ oz. I can't image just eating 4oz of meat...such a small amount!
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

being.amanda is offline Junior Member
    i had my first meal of the day around 11:30. it was the 10% milkfat cabot greek yogurt with cinnamon and blueberries, with five strips of bacon. im totally and completely satisfied, but it was so yummy that i feel like eating it again!

dinner tonight is chicken cacciatore OR shrimp with braised leeks and fennel, depending on if my pescatarian husband will be joining me or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast