Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Side Benefits of PB Those nice little things you didn't expect page

Paleobird Guest

Thumbs up Side Benefits of PB Those nice little things you didn't expect

Primal Fuel
    Most people come to the PB plan to lose fat, gain muscle and/or generally improve their health. As did I.
    But what other side effects have you noticed along the way?

Just a f'rinstance from my experience. Approx one month into PB and apparently my body has become hostile territory for fungal infections. A mild but persistent (like decades of persistence) case of athlete's feet has simply gone away.

Yes, in this thread there is no such thing as TMI. Tell us all about it even the most personal of physical or emotional or mental changes.

Kane Augustus is offline Senior Member
    Hmm. Interesting question, Paleobird.

I'm not too far into my primal journey, but I can certainly say that I've had longer periods of sustained energy. My ADD has calmed down quite dramatically, and I'm not as given to whiplash-paced mood swings (which is helpful in a marriage). More, even if I don't sleep enough some nights, I sleep better and feel more rested.

I have more energy overall, and am certainly making easy gains in strength, even though I really haven't been keeping up with the exercise end of things. I'm thinking better, too.

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    I feel some deja vu with this thread ? Nah there's been one already, but I guess this will give the newcomers a chance!
    Nothing positive I didn't expect has happened for me, but I was pretty optimistic coming in ^^

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandadude View Post
    I feel some deja vu with this thread ? Nah there's been one already, but I guess this will give the newcomers a chance!
    Nothing positive I didn't expect has happened for me, but I was pretty optimistic coming in ^^
    Well, excuse my lack of originality, Pandadude. I have just been reading lots of anecdotal stories here and there around this site along these lines and I thought that compiling all the experiences in one place would be interesting. So gracious of you to let us "newcomers" have our fun.

urbansix is offline Member
    Some other factors along with starting out on PB, led me to quit drinking for a while. This resulted in much better, deeper sleep. And dreams. Then I heard Rob Wolf say as much on his podcast - that alcohol consumption will adversely affect your sleep patterns.

geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    For me the point was to heal my gut, but I seem to have developed a lot of muscle tone without even trying, and my skin looks great. My husband said the other day, "where's your ass gone? You need to buy new jeans!" Added bonus, not hearing my knees make crunchy sounds when I get up.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Just like Geekgirl I did paleo to heal the gut. I always had a pretty good body comp and was never overweight. In healing the gut my seasonal allergies went away too. I love Paleo!
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Paleobird Guest
    For me, cutting out the dairy helped me sleep better because my sinuses unclogged. It had been such a low level thing for so long that I hadn't really thought about it but it was really great when it cleared up.

There have been a couple of posts about improved sleep. Weather it's because of ditching the dairy, cutting out the booze or just generally evening out hormonal and blood sugar rollercoasters, in my opinion, anything that improves sleep improves life.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 12-29-2010 at 08:03 PM.

milly57 is offline Junior Member
    Been primal for about 1 month and I have so much energy now. Also I've known wheat is really not good for my body and it makes me depressed. I've tried to cut it out in the past but struggled with this, but now I realise it's all grains that I need to remove. So all my carb cravings have gone, I do not over eat, my joints do not hurt, my permanently blocked nose has cleared and I feel very happy and energetic!
    Last edited by milly57; 12-30-2010 at 01:00 AM.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No hayfever this past spring! Warm and windy days don't seem to be a problem any more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast