Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How in the world do I cook this big ass page

jedward2 is offline Senior Member

How in the world do I cook this big ass

spaghetti squash I bought? I've seen tons of people talk about eating them but not how they cook them.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    There's this amazing thing called Google that can find just about any information you ask for:

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/coo...spagsquash.htm

Stallion is offline Senior Member
    Slice it in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds, and bake it shell side up at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until soft. Once it is cooked, I like to shread it with a fork and cover in homemade meat sauce.

K.ROB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    Slice it in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds, and bake it shell side up at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until soft. Once it is cooked, I like to shread it with a fork and cover in homemade meat sauce.
    Yup

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    I split mine in half lengthwise (carefully), scoop out seeds, place cut side down in a glass baking dish with about 1/4 inch of water in it. Bake at 375 until a fork can pierce the skin and it is 'tender' in all the thick sections (usually 45 minutes to an hour). Some people flip over half way through, I don't bother. Remove from pan and scape the insides out with a fork to loosen the strands. Always comes out moist and the right tenderness this way for me.

I cooked one last night as a matter of fact, served with homemade meatballs, Delish.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    I plan on sticking mine in the microwave, it seemed to work ok the last time. I cut it in half, set it for 12 minutes, cooked the rest of my meal and it seemed fine to me! Could use more butter though... maybe this time I'll do that.

Rusa is offline Member
    It's easier to cut in half if you poke some holes in it first, and microwave for a few minutes to soften the skin.
    Rusa

PrairieProf is offline Senior Member
    I've found the cooked/shredded squash really tasty tossed with butter, salt, and parmesan cheese too, if you want it as a side rather than a meal.

duckmama is offline Senior Member
    Warning - I read someone's advice (not in this forum) to cook it in the nuker as a whole squash, but poking lots of holes in it so it wouldn't explode. I poked that sucker with lots and lots of holes and the dang thing still exploded and made a mess in the nuker. I must have a very powerful nuker! Now my favorite method is in the oven, as PP's have suggested. It's a little slower, but results seem more consistent and no exploding squash surprises.

jedward2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast