Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: craving cheese page

NZPixie is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Hi all,

I have been better behaved lately with my eating, much more grain-free/low carb than I have been managing. My questions is... I am craving cheese much more than I ever had. I don't feel like chocolate or sugar or bread or pizza, I am quite happy just to consume slices of cheese from my edam cheddar block.

I DO eat dairy, and have not had any problems with eating dairy, although i do not drink milk as I just think its a waste of time, nutritionally speaking (can't get raw). I would like to keep the consumption of it down though...

Is this cheese craving common? Has anyone else experianced this?

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Cravings are always common. Personally, I've been wanting to add more cheese to my dishes (even though I typically don't really have a taste for it...) just for a little more variety and texture. Just get the GOOD quality stuff.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

I buy the Kraft white cheddar made with 2% milk. A little less guilt......

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Cheese is one of my favorite treats. To help regulate my consumption of it, I generally only allow myself to buy raw, grass-fed cheese at the co-op or farmers market. If I buy the really expensive stuff I don't dare eat it all too fast.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

I love cheese, and will usually overconsume, to the point that I don't feel well.

To solve this, I just buy enough for one meal (the really good cheeses are usually expensive and sold in small packages).

Coincidentally, my mate and I just had melted raw-milk cheddar on top of our big-ass ground beef patties, over salad for dinner. He calls them, Hunter-Gatherer Plates, because he has always said he hates salads :-)

grandma is offline Member

OTB, I gotta say WTF. Please buy some good cheese and enjoy yourself. Some nice aged gouda will give you a good does of Vit K2 and will cost less then a supplement. It's way better than 2% kraft processed cheese. You owe yourself that. I know you have been a good boy.

Fat is good, low fat == sugar. If you are concerned about the calories eat less of it.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Pankratos Guest

I eat dairy too, cheese, milk, greek yogurt, all in moderation of course. its certainly not a main source of protein or fat in my diet. But its delicious and generally low, if not zero carb. Just tried a little wedge of saint albray cheese this weekend and it is now gone because it was way too good to stay around.

I think a good rule of thumb is to err to the side of aged cheeses because the bacteria cultures that ferment the cheese eat up all the carbs! so you end up with mostly protein, fat, some salt and whatever flavor compounds the bacteria "came up with" (euphemism for "crapped out"). Also stay away from any cheese with the word "food" on the package, if it has to tell you that it IS food, it really isn't.

goodfriendsam Guest

careful with cravings.. people often crave foods that they are allergic or sensitive to, or that feed fungal/bacterial/parasite overgrowths. just something to keep in mind, especially since dairy sensitivities are very common.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

@Goodfriend, where did you hear that they crave foods they're allergic/sensitive to? I don't understand why this would be...

Tishkaminx Guest

Hi Jess

I heard that you can crave foods you are sensitive to because your body can become 'addicted' to the side effects caused by the exposure. I'm sure someone else here can put it a better way. Anecdotaly speaking, I knew a young boy who was lactose intolerant but who craved cheese on toast for lunch everyday and would be physically(violently)upset without it.

On the subject of cheese cravings- breast milk contains opiate like substances which serve the purpose of inducing a mild craving in infants to help them start to suckle and become more subdued. Obviuously cheese is concentrated milk so maybe contains a concentration of these substances (if they are not broken done by microbial action...anyone?)

Hope that helps a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast