Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: craving cheese page 2

nina_70 Guest

Shop Now

I do eat cheese in my diet. I stick to raw-milk cheeses, and if I eat any version I eat the full-fat (never skim). All part of the 80/20 rule.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

I am in a process of making my own cheese. I made a big batch of keefir using raw milk and now making my own Feta cheese. I will let you know how it turns out

nina_70 Guest

chocolatechip69 - oh, that sounds fabulous! How do you actually make kefir out of raw milk...is it just a question of leaving the milk out until it separates naturally? Do post the results once you're done.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

nina_70, I have live cultures that turn milk into kefir. I think there are quite a few types of cultures that do that, but the primary benefit is that it adds live probiotics to the finished product, so if you consume dairy, this is just one of the added benefits.

When I purchased those cultures, the lady aslo included a very nice booklet that gives you tons of recipes on how to make stuff using kefit. You can make anything from cream cheese, to Feta cheese, to even Cheddar and Parmesan cheese. Pretty cool, huh?

Mick Guest

[quote]

I heard that you can crave foods you are sensitive to because your body can become &#39;addicted&#39; to the side effects caused by the exposure.</blockquote>

So that explains the beer ...

:-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12