Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first fast since the holidays page

pk79 is offline Member

first fast since the holidays

Shop Now
    So, before Thanksgiving, this was easy. You just don't eat. That whole thing about burning fat after the 14 hours. Great. Before the holidays, even my 34s, down from the 38s, were loose and I was needing 32s. Before the holidays, sinuses were clear, plenty of energy, and no need for the many many ounces of caffeine that I used to pound back so dearly. And THEN came my favorite time of year.

Hour number 13.... 11 to go before dinner.
    boom.

janagram is offline Senior Member
    what's the hr. thing? How many hrs are you fasting?

pk79 is offline Member
    24 hrs
    boom.

MasterB is offline Member
    When you're hungry, eat. If not hungry, don't eat. It's that simple. Let your body do the thinking for you.

pk79 is offline Member
    im not necessarily disagreeing with you there, but with the fasting, it's hard to let your body do the thinking. eating while you're fasting really kind of defeats the purpose.
    boom.

It's just my 2 cents on fasting in general. The approach to not forcefully fast but to just eat when hungry has been great for me. What benefits do you see in the long fasts while suffering? On some days I easily fast 16-20 hours without even thinking about it. You seem to be suffering for it.

janagram is offline Senior Member
    the natural pacing you refer to, MasterB, is not as natural for most. Ideal, yes. We have programming, emotional needs, etc.

Fair enough. I'm not blaming, I'm asking. Maybe you are right that one has to readjust if the body is metabolically deranged.

pk79 is offline Member
    i'm not suffering for it, but consider your very first fast. was it a 20 hr fast with no problem whatsoever? mine was a 16 hr fast and those last few hours were an emotional time for me, coming from the life of lunch at noon, dinner at 8, and 2-3 snacks a day. especially coming from a weight watchers mentality of eating. is this my first fast? no, so the emotional ties of it are gone. before the holidays, I was doing 24 hrs fasts without thinking about it. but as far as my stomach and body's concerned, i've been eating VERY well for the last two months, and that includes a fair share of sugar and foods that aren't primal. so, it takes a little bit of willpower that may not have been necessary before.
    boom.

Quote Originally Posted by pk79 View Post
    i'm not suffering for it, but consider your very first fast. was it a 20 hr fast with no problem whatsoever? mine was a 16 hr fast and those last few hours were an emotional time for me, coming from the life of lunch at noon, dinner at 8, and 2-3 snacks a day. especially coming from a weight watchers mentality of eating. is this my first fast? no, so the emotional ties of it are gone. before the holidays, I was doing 24 hrs fasts without thinking about it. but as far as my stomach and body's concerned, i've been eating VERY well for the last two months, and that includes a fair share of sugar and foods that aren't primal. so, it takes a little bit of willpower that may not have been necessary before.
    Sorry, didn't want to come around as a preacher. Whatever works for you is good! i was just wondering because your first post seemed like you were suffering at the 12 hrs mark and just having another 11 before you. For me, once I started eating primally with lots of fat it just came naturally. I admit though I had to let go of this 'oh it's lunch break, let's eat out of habit' mode.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast