Thread: Looking for an online story on fasting page

Anand Srivastava is offline Senior Member

Question Looking for an online story on fasting

Primal Fuel
    I read once an online story by a body builder, who went on a very long (at least 10 days) fast drinking only water.
    He continued his strength training and running during the fast.
    After the fast he expected to be much less stronger, but was surprised to be able to lift much more, than he normally did while on full diet.

I am not sure of the units but he started with 50lb/kg found it light then went up slowly till 100lb/kg.
    I am looking for the pictures in that story. It was quite interesting.

I think he did this experiment after he had stopped actively bodybuilding.

This story was old. Photos were all in black and white.

Has anybody read it before. Please help me find it.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I would be interested in this as well.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    I felt like absolute garbage after a 10 day water fast. I cannot imagine continuing to run and weight train during that time, so I would be curious to read also...
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

RednGreen is offline Member
    Supersellen, may I ask what your goals were with that fast? Did you lose a lot of fat?
    "It may be normal darling, but I'd rather be natural." -Holly Golightly

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I can believe it. I remained pretty active during my 8 day water fast and felt just fine afterwards. If you shuffle around like an invalid or something for 10 days then you'd probably feel like crap whether you were fasting or not.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RednGreen View Post
    Supersellen, may I ask what your goals were with that fast? Did you lose a lot of fat?
    My goals were detox oriented, and weight lost was a side effect. I ate raw fruits and veg only for the week leading up to the fast and lost about 7 lbs., then lost an additional 12 lbs. during the fast for a total of 19 lbs.. I gained about half of it back in the couple weeks after the fast.
    I think fasting can be helpful for weightloss, but it can be difficult to see the difference between "fasting" and anorexia.

I kept regular life activity up during the fast and took some walks, but every morning was very difficult as I woke with zero energy and had to quite literally crawl out of bed. The way I felt is not indicative of how anyone else would feel at all. I very much enjoy shorter fasts and think I went beyond what my body could benefit from for sure. I did feel quite wonderful and squeaky clean afterwards though.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

RednGreen is offline Member
    Thanks for the info. I am finding myself enjoying 16-24 hour fasts and love the way it feels but since I just ate whatever I wanted for the holidays, maybe I'll try out what you did- I like the idea of leading up to it with nothing but fruits and veggies. I may just do 3 or 4 days tho. Babysteps
    "It may be normal darling, but I'd rather be natural." -Holly Golightly