Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal For PCOS page 2

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hello and welcome!!

You will be interested in this:
    Underground Wellness (of like mind with Primals in regard to nutrition and food as medicine and one of the most popular health/nutrition podcasts on iTunes) recently did a show about PCOS. You can also either stream or download Underground Wellness from iTunes.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/undergr...gnosed-and-ove
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Another Cyster here. Link to my journal is in my signature. Again, welcome!
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Hey ladies- I found a really good video on the PCOS- thyroid connection. It's a must watch!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmmg9CqokrY

imanimama is offline Junior Member
    Hi cysters!

I'm just sticking my toe into PL - currently 16 weeks pregnant with #2, was diagnosed with PCOS in 2001 when I was in college. I needed Metformin to get regular cycles (and a boatload of other vitamins and supplements) to conceive #1, this time around my cycles returned 15 months PP (basically after I ceased pumping at work) and I got a BFP on my 5th cycle (we were playing "roulette") - no diabetes drugs needed! I know my whole family needs this as DD was very dairy sensitive as an infant (I had to completely cut it out of my diet) and DH has pretty severe reactions to dairy (and I theorize his childhood asthma was actually a dairy allergy).

Glad to know there are cysters here who have been successful

SonyaJane is offline Senior Member
    Hello,

I also have pcos and have a question about the evil soy - I see that quite a few of marks recipes include what free tamari, which is made from soy beans. Are these ok, or should the tamari be avoided too?

Thanks,

Sonya
    Last edited by SonyaJane; 02-15-2011 at 02:56 AM.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I have it on occassion. Now I will telly you that giving up the grains/sugars can pretty help to eliminate PCOS. I've been primal for 2 months and the darkened skin patches from excess testosterone is gone.
    Georgette

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    When I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2003, I was put on metformin. It was my miracle drug. (I hadn't found PB yet) I recently went off while breastfeeding. In this time I found PB and have been primal for 9 months. I've just weaned my son and am re-educating myself of the benefits/risks of metformin. I have come across a lot of studies that show metformin is still beneficial in non IR and non obese women. I was wondering what anyone's experience is? I know I had tummy issues on metformin, but that got better as I eased up on the dairy. I really don't know what my body is going to do yet on the primal way of life now that I've weaned. I think I'd be willing to go back on metformin if it would indeed help...even though through PB my fasting blood sugar, cholesterol and weight are improving.
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

SonyaJane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
    Hello

I've been around here a long time *gets up from rocking chair in the corner* but I tend to vanish for a few weeks at a time.

In terms of hormones and all that gubbins, have you found Cillakat yet? She has a lot of very detailed info on things such as vitamin D (you need more ) - following her advice I managed to manage my pcos in the most successful way so far. If that even makes sense!
    Please could you tell me where to find Cillakat's information on pcos and vit D? I've done a search on the forums but didn't find anything

Grizz is offline Banned
    If you are still suffering with PCOS, Endometriosis, Fibrocystic Breasts or cysts there is a great deal of hope.

THE number 1 cause for PCOS, Endometriosis, Fibrocystic Breasts AND the eventual cancers of these organs PLUS Prostate problems in men with resulting prostate cancers are ALL THE SAME ! Also hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, Graves Disease & Hashimotos. A nationwide severe iodine deficiency. Every cell in the human body requires iodine to be healthy, ESPECIALLY the reproductive organs and the Thyroid which is responsible for hormones.

What happened to all of that iodized salt??? What little iodine we have in our cells has been replaced by nasty toxins called Bromides, Fluorides & Chlorides. (Halide Chemicals) We live in a SEA of these toxins in our food, our drinking water, our toothpaste, hair coloring, everywhere! These toxins cripple our immune system so that it is not as effective killing virus, germs, candida, & cancer cells.

For the complete and horrible story see this link, Iodine References:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references
    http://home.comcast.net/~jocy1/junk/...h%20Iodine.pdf
    Please pass these files on to friends & relatives. Send them out on Facebook & Twitter. Get the word out to everyone.

Symptoms from Iodine Deficiency
    (typically the same as hypothyroidism - Link )
    * Aches and pains, vague (1) * Asthma (13)
    * Brittle Nails (12) * Candida(4)
    * Cholesterol levels increased (1) * Cysts of skin, breast & ovaries (9)
    * Cold intolerance (cold hands & feet) (1) * Concentration decreased [brain fog] (1)
    * Constipation (1) * Depression (1)
    * Diabetes (4) * Dry, coarse hair (1)
    * Dry skin (1) * Dry Mouth
    * Dry Eyes * Excessive sleepiness (1)
    * Fatigue (1) Chronic Fatigue Syndrome * Fibromyalgia (4)
    * Fluid Retention (4) * Graves’ Disease (4)
    * Hair Loss (10) * Headaches (11)
    * Heart rate slowing (1) * Hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, Hashi’s (4, 9)
    * Immune system reduced function (4) * Insomnia (4)
    * Keloids (9) * Memory Poor (12)
    * Miscarriages & Low Baby IQ * Mental Retardation
    * Muscle Cramps, Pain (1,4) * Parotid duct stones.(12) * Puffiness around the eyes (1) * Stomach Problems
    * Sweating reduced or gone(1) * Swelling of the legs (edema) (1) * Temperature drop in body temp (1) * Thyroid cysts (Goiters) (2,3) * Weakness (12) * Weight gain (1)
    THERE ARE MUCH MORE - 181 Symptoms ! ! ! Consequences of Iodine Deficiency

Symptoms from SEVERE Iodine Deficiency
    * Migraine headaches (5,6) * Painful periods/heavy periods (5,6)
    * Pelvic pain (5,6) * PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) (5,6)
    * Endometriosis (5,6) * Fibroid Tumors (5,6)
    * Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) (5,6) * Breast pain (fibrocystic tissue) (5,6)
    * Cancers in female breasts & organs (5,6) * Lung Cancers (13)
    * Prostate problems including Cancer (7,8) * testicular cancer (7,8)
    * Thyroid Cancers * Erectile Dysfunction
    1) Iodine Deficiency | University of Michigan Health System
    (2) Thyroid Cyst Symptoms | eHow.com
    (3) Iodine Cures
    (4) Iodine Therapy
    (5) Iodine Deficiency and Estrogen Dominant Diseases - Jorge D. Flechas, MD - YouTube
    (6) Iodine for Health by Donald W. Miller, Jr., MD
    (7) Cancer and Iodine - The Iodine Project
    (8) Iodine Deficiency - An Under-Recognized Epidemic
    (9) Dr. James Howenstine -- Iodine is Vital For Good Health
    (10) Iodine and Hair Loss: Is There A Connection? | Natural Health & Organic Living Blog
    (11) Dr. James Howenstine -- Iodine is Vital For Good Health
    (12) Iodine deficiency symptoms and benefits | Foods containing Iodine | Overdose Symptoms
    (13) Dr. David Derry Answers Reader Questions -- Asthma and Thyroid Hormones

Join us at our Iodine Thread if you have any questions:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post664343

Grizz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12