Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snow Grok Exercises page 2

LaurenKM is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    that sounds like a really good workout. doing anything in the snow makes it harder.
    i agree about shoveling...you're using a ton of different muscles.
    i also think that building a snow man could be a really primal exercise. you grok crawl to get a good sized snowball moving, you push around a ton of weight (make it a big snowman), and then you lift a bunch of weight. this also doubles as playing, which is key.

I have off the rest of the week. Looks like I'll be doing some shoveling and snowman making!
    Silly rabbit, grains are for birds.

skline2 is offline Senior Member
    Lauren - I am amazed at how just five simple exercises (the PB ones) work my entire body, which means the core has tone working a lot in all of them. I have never really lifted weights or anything and sporadically did cardio. My main exercise has always been playing golf while walking and carrying my bag. For those that don't know a golf course is about a five mile walk and a golf bag weighs anywhere from 20-40 pounds. (i have done trips where I play 11 rounds of golf in 6 days.) Weather permitting I do this twice a week on a very hilly golf course. What surprised me about the PB exercises, especially the side planks is how much stronger the core muscles on my left side are. As a right handed golfer I pull through the swing with my left hip.

skline2 is offline Senior Member
    In the spring you mulch your own garden. I need about 10 cubic yards of mulch - it is the size of my car in my driveway. That's a lot of work with a pitchfork.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Sprinting in the snow or sprinting in waist deep water is a whole new feeling.... having to use muscles to pull your legs up is killer.

Quote Originally Posted by skline2 View Post
    Lauren - I am amazed at how just five simple exercises (the PB ones) work my entire body, which means the core has tone working a lot in all of them. I have never really lifted weights or anything and sporadically did cardio. My main exercise has always been playing golf while walking and carrying my bag. For those that don't know a golf course is about a five mile walk and a golf bag weighs anywhere from 20-40 pounds. (i have done trips where I play 11 rounds of golf in 6 days.) Weather permitting I do this twice a week on a very hilly golf course. What surprised me about the PB exercises, especially the side planks is how much stronger the core muscles on my left side are. As a right handed golfer I pull through the swing with my left hip.
    Yes I totally agree that the PB exercises are not only effective but they are fun so people are more likely to do them consistently. I used to work as a Sales Counselor at a Fitness center that was partially funded by a research hospital so almost all of our trainers had Bachelor Degrees in exercise science and other related disciplines. I used to be a slave to the gym and never felt this good (I did intense cardio 6 days a week with some short weight lifting sessions maybe twice a week). I was in decent shape but had little muscle tone and followed a low fat, moderate carb diet (I also ate very little protein) and was miserable and hungry all the time.

As far as the garden I live in a condo so no luck there

Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999 View Post
    Sprinting in the snow or sprinting in waist deep water is a whole new feeling.... having to use muscles to pull your legs up is killer.
    Yes! It's like sprinting in the sand only harder.

Don
    Don is online now Member
    Hill sprints in the snow last week were killer.
    Will do them again later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Hill sprints in the snow last week were killer.
    Will do them again later this week.
    Yep I just made sure to wear 3 pairs of socks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12