Thread: Hello from a Newbie...need some advice page

wifeymomof3 is offline Junior Member

Hello from a Newbie...need some advice

Primal Fuel
    Hi Everyone!

I am happy I finally decided to join the forums! I am beginning my journey into PB, but need a little motivation and maybe some guidance.

My friend thinks I'm crazy because the timing of things, but I figure if I can be successful during this time, then I will be able to become Primal with success. Here is my scenario: We are currently leaving CA and moving to FL, via driving! I'm driving across country with my family and two dogs!

Not only do I need the motivation, I also need to know what snacks/foods you would take with you to keep handy on a journey like this.

Some background information about me!

I am currently 170 lbs. and stand 5'2. Although, I'm on the heavy side, the majority of my weight is centered around my mid section. I'm half Korean, and grew up eating rice on a daily basis, so this part is really hard for me! Also, I'm married to a naturally tall and thin man, so looking at him throws me off, mainly out of jealousy. One of my motivations for starting PB is watching my friend make a wonderful transformation! Although, I try to stay active and keep my children active, I'm noticing my 9 year old daughter gain weight in the same area as myself. I'm hoping that I will be able to change my "weigh" of living to motivate her as well!

lizch is offline Senior Member
    My advice would be to take no snacks at all. Plan real meals at stops along the way, choose meat and salad/meat and veg kinda meals that include plenty of satiating fat, and then don't have any food in the car at all. I know when I'm travelling, I snack out of boredom rather than hunger. I have a much better chance of avoiding that trap if there simply isn't anything to snack on.

Good luck with your move!
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Thanks Liz,

That does make sense! The meal planning part seems easier, but I will have to work on the snacking part!

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    Another aspect - when you eat at restaurants (preferable to fast food, but ala$ more $$) - ask to sub vegetables for the starch. Ask for your burger without the bun (wrapped in a lettuce leaf works - and so does a knife and fork). I have never had a restaurant deny the substitution, though sometimes (actually, rarely) there is an additional charge.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just started doing that and I truly love my burgers w/o the buns If, they do charge me, I won't mind paying the extra, but it seems it would be saving them some money though.

I also want to make sure I pack snacks for my kids that won't tease me into giving in...