Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A week of candy experiment page

Gathwh is offline Senior Member

A week of candy experiment

Here's a guy who ate nothing but candy for a week as part of an experiment.

http://www.zug.com/live/86637/My-Wee...But-Candy.html

He gets what's coming to him.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    ugh...i just had a three day candy/sugar binge and I have to say that last piece of giant Toberlone bar I had yesterday was definitely not as good as the first. I can't imagine a week of nothing but candy. I know I'd feel like shit...I felt like shit after three days of just "a lot" of candy.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Balance is offline Senior Member
    When I was a little kid I would feel like crap after eating a few days of candy. Now as an adult I would be a wreck not to mention the guilt behind it. But you are right, the first bite would probably be devine. Then the law of diminishing returns comes to kick you in the arse!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Am I the only one in this forum who can eat candy and not fall completely to pieces? He'll be just fine.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

janagram is offline Senior Member
    he'll be fine?......oh well, he's young, I guess. I never ate candy in any significant amounts. Even bingeing this holiday I only ate enough toffee to fit in one hand...(piled really high...!)

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Am I the only one in this forum who can eat candy and not fall completely to pieces? He'll be just fine.
    +1

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    I remember I ate an entire pack of the haribo pasta stuff in green/yellow/red with sour sugar on it in one go like 11 months ago. I started sweating profusely, my eyes were watering and my tongue was a mess for several days. Fun stuff, actually think it was the acid constituents rather than the sugar hmm...

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    nope. i fell completely off the wagon from thanksgiving on til pretty much still now. ive been watching what i eat but still i eat crap..at least not as much as i used to pre-primal days. i'll be whole30'ing jan1st anyways to throw myself back in full force (had no probs going cold turkey last year). Anyways, even eating all the crappidy crap candies and pies i still passed my gestational diabetes test with flying colours last month, and only gained 2 lbs even while pregnant in my 6th month. *shrug* Just one of the lucky ones i suppose.

healthseekerKate is offline Senior Member
    >> Am I the only one in this forum who can eat candy and not fall completely to pieces? He'll be just fine.

When I occasionally indulge in fast food, I often find that the following day, I feel *great* -- I have more energy and strength than when I eat primally. I can't explain why this is true, but it does make it harder to justify staying away from the crap, when it apparently *improves* my physical performance. :P

I suppose, though, that if I ate crap on a regular basis, this fast-food enhancement effect probably wouldn't hold, and I would likely start promptly suffering the consequences.
    Last edited by healthseekerKate; 12-28-2010 at 01:37 PM.

Melody is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    hilarious. something we would have done when i was a teenager. also look at his skin!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast