Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here smoke cigarettes? page 3

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Congrats Paneristi, you beat the first day cravings, so the worst is over. The cravings will start to go away gradually and faster as time passes. Once you reach and keep your blood nicotine on zero (3rd or 4th day), you'll be, technically, an ex-smoker again.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Paneristi is offline Member

Well- Im now at the end of Day two its Sunday 10 pm here so 52 hours and I feel great - the craVings have gone !.........Plan to go hiking tomorrow and then some beach sprints later, have also eliminated coffee.

Im still hooked on seeds and almonds but also got in a great workout this evening...

Thanks everyone

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Well done. You will probably experience sporadic cravings though. If you do, keep yourself busy and try to remember the first day pain. You should be fine.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

nixopa Guest

Chantix is one of those FDA approved drugs which can be used to get over smoking habit. It works on body by giving you the same feel good effect like smoking and hence reduces the craving for nicotine. You can have all the information on chantix here http://www.chantixhome.com/ This medicine should only be used in accordance with the instructions of a physician as there are various side effects which may vary from person to person and it includes change of taste, sleeplessness and many more. I have smoked for more than 10 yrs, but now I am spending a smoke free life from last 2 months. Thanks to chantix. Along with having this medicine, you should also have will power and feeling that you want to get over this habit.

paleopom Guest

I smoked approx 40 a day for 20odd years...tried to give up using acupuncture, patches, wheatgerm oil, zyban (which did actually work but made me feel really strange - mentally, so chucked that).

The only thing that ever changed me towards smoking was Alan Carrs books. I know it sounds strange but my whole mentality towards smoking changed...I didn't actually want to smoke! Highly recommmended!

Went cold turkey in Feb, gave up sugar in March and discovered paleo/crossfit in April. I dont think my body or mind has had a chance to crave cigarettes its too busy dealing with everything else I've shoved at it!

I honestly cant recommend his books enough...I honestly haven't given smoking a second thought and have never felt better!

Millersoontobelite is offline Senior Member
    I smoked casually for about four years and about two years ago became a habitual smoker, 3 packs a week or so. i quit this summer pretty much cold turkey. i have one or two occasionally with friends. i know i will always crave them and cave from time to time but my breathing is easier, no more coughing up gross stuff and i dont stink anymore. its worth it

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    My grandpa, who smoked several packs a day from his youth, quit by throwing them in the trash and that was that. But he didn't mess around with much of anything.

lordgrover is offline Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by paleopom View Post
    I smoked approx 40 a day for 20odd years...tried to give up using acupuncture, patches, wheatgerm oil, zyban (which did actually work but made me feel really strange - mentally, so chucked that).

The only thing that ever changed me towards smoking was Alan Carrs books. I know it sounds strange but my whole mentality towards smoking changed...I didn't actually want to smoke! Highly recommmended!

Went cold turkey in Feb, gave up sugar in March and discovered paleo/crossfit in April. I dont think my body or mind has had a chance to crave cigarettes its too busy dealing with everything else I've shoved at it!

I honestly cant recommend his books enough...I honestly haven't given smoking a second thought and have never felt better!
    Holy thread revival Batman!

Allen Carr's book did it for me too.
    After 30+ years of 20+ fags a day I quit with ease two years ago. Not fancied one since and I'm definitely a non-smoker, not just an ex-smoker.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I used to smoke 2-1/2 packs a day. I quit by tapering off, little by little. When I got down to 5 smokes a day, I quit. I had withdrawal symptoms for 12 days. I did not use the patch or gum or anything. It's been 18 years since I smoked, now.

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    I smoked a little over a pack a day for around 13 years, but I quit cold turkey 13 years ago. Yeah, it was really hard at first, but now, no cravings, ever, and I feel better for it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast