Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm just not hungry! page

Primalvore is offline Senior Member

I'm just not hungry!

Primal Fuel
    Hey everyone,

I've been fully committed to eating primally for a few weeks now, but I go through phases sometimes for weeks where I am just simply not hungry!

I could easily fast until dinner every single day. I'm not exactly sure what to do. I know we're supposed to listen to our bodies, but I really want to be sure that I get enough protein, fat, and nutrients so that my body doesn't shut down.

Do you guys suggest that I just eat anyways? I don't think I work out hard enough and eat enough food in that last meal/window to see this from a "Leangains" approach, but I could be wrong.

"The Way We Do Anything Is the Way We Do Everything"
    ~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry
    My Leangains/Primal Lifestyle Challenge to begin 2/7/11!
    Check out the Blog for Daily Progress

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Then don't eat. Wait until you're hungry, and don't over-complicate it.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Eat when you're hungry. Your body won't let you starve.

Right now, I'm 20.5 hours into an unplanned fast, and feeling fine. Go figure.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Primalvore is offline Senior Member
    Thanks to both of you! I separated myself the CW of "eat grains and be healthy" some time ago, but the "bodybuilding CW" of "you MUST put protein in your mouth every 2-3 hours or your body will break down" has been a little harder to shake

"The Way We Do Anything Is the Way We Do Everything"
    ~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry
    My Leangains/Primal Lifestyle Challenge to begin 2/7/11!
    Check out the Blog for Daily Progress

eltigabii is offline Member
    I do daily 14-18 hour fasts and I have found that my appetite has shrunken significantly, as well as the size of my stomach. I can't eat a whole lot or I'll feel horribly full. I'm concerned with getting enough calories so I just try to find calorie dense foods.

slacker is offline Senior Member
    It is one of the things that I absolutely adore about PB living. When I stay good enough Primal I have much steadier, smoother energy and am almost never hungry. I just wait 'til I'm really hungry to eat and it is wonderful. If that is 24 hours, then, so be it. It is such a pleasure not to be constantly driven by the carb roller coaster, craving them all the time and being bloated all the time and being hungry as hell but trying not to think about food because you know you've already had too much. PB is so liberating! Getting off the grain/sweets/bad fats roller coaster is awesome.

croí is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    It is one of the things that I absolutely adore about PB living. When I stay good enough Primal I have much steadier, smoother energy and am almost never hungry. I just wait 'til I'm really hungry to eat and it is wonderful. If that is 24 hours, then, so be it. It is such a pleasure not to be constantly driven by the carb roller coaster, craving them all the time and being bloated all the time and being hungry as hell but trying not to think about food because you know you've already had too much. PB is so liberating! Getting off the grain/sweets/bad fats roller coaster is awesome.
    Hey slacker, have you seen weight loss by doing this? I've seen some people say you have to eat more in order to lose weight...?

Kvalhion is offline Senior Member
    Im in the same boat and have seen a pretty steady weight loss. Sometimes I'll eat breakfast but usually its just coffee. I'll always bring lunch to work but not always eat it because sometimes Im just not hungry. I'll have a good dinner and start the process over.

It works when I am being strict about the no grains / limited dairy thing. I've been averaging about 3 lbs a week (lost 45 lbs since June, with about 50 to go until my estimated goal) when I stick to it; I did a 30 day no grains personal challenge and lost 14 lbs. I've done the same thing the last four weeks and have lost about 14 lbs as well.

The funny thing is that it seems like the more fats I eat, the more weight I lose. I like to use coconut oil and sometimes peanut butter (even though not technically primal) to help me keep that satiated feeling and the weight just seems to come off. Hopefully it will continue like that.

Quote Originally Posted by croí View Post
    Hey slacker, have you seen weight loss by doing this? I've seen some people say you have to eat more in order to lose weight...?
    I'm sure you are right. It is going slowly. But I'm happy with just being able to not worry about it. I started last June and was losing steadily until I got off-track in November and plateaued after losing about 20 lbs. In spite of some Christmas self-indulgence I've gotten it back together and continued to trim down through December. Every week I'm getting rid of more clothes that are too big. Maybe it would go faster if pushed it. I'd like to lose another 40 lbs, but if I lose 20 more I'll be thrilled. People have started to ask me what I'm doing, so I know I'm making progress.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Kvalhion View Post
    The funny thing is that it seems like the more fats I eat, the more weight I lose.
    I know. Isn't it amazing? I'm still shocked. Mental whiplash!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast