Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm just not hungry! page 2

Schneider is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm somewhat in the same boat..in the last few days, i ate only twice a day. A big breakfast around 9-10AM then i wait until 18PM. A couple of days ago, my breakfast was only 2 raw beaten eggs and a good scoop of proteins..Together with a good cup of 10% yogurt ( this shit is EXPENSIVE here in Quebec!) and a granny smith apple, i'm good for a while.

Heck, if i take a good sized steak with a egg and onions coupled with a cup of yogurt with bits of apple for breakfast, i have to force myself to eat around midday.
    Last edited by Schneider; 12-27-2010 at 07:14 PM.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the cool kids club.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

reba627 is offline Member
    I just posted something similar, worrying about if I'm not taking in enough calories, will my body start to shut down. I, like many others, have been told "eat 5-6 small meals every 2-3 hours" and "eat 15 minutes after a workout or your body will start to break down muscle tissues" and so many other things, but as I slowly transition over to a primal lifestyle, I'm not as hungry as often and I'm not eating as much, and while I don't feel like I'm starving at all, again it's "well, am I eating enough to lose weight?" Thanks for the responses and to the OP for showing me I'm not alone!

mrs_moesy is offline Member
    I'm so pleased to find this thread!! I've been using FitDay to keep track of my food. I'm a nibbler (or at least used to be ) so I've been really working on keeping track of what I've been consuming.

Anyway, this is Day 3 of eating very primal. No grains, no sugar, lots of fats, lots of veggies and lovely lovely meat. According to FitDay, I had just under 1200 calories on Tuesday, less than 900 yesterday and about 1400 today. I have hardly been hungry at all. I could have skipped dinner- a chicken leg ... it just smelled so good I had to eat it - and not minded. At all.

It's so funny to me, because before (like Monday), not eating is a total migraine trigger for me. Plus my blood sugar would go all wonky and I would turn into a raging mean evil awful hungry person. Poor hubs would always quickly say, "Uh, let's find you a Clif Bar to eat." in order to save his own life from my ragey raginess. But I've been skipping breakfast... just not hungry. Waiting to eat lunch until 2 or 3. Wondering if I should eat dinner because I could maybe eat something, but not being, you know, hungry.

This is the most amazing best thing ever. I'm so pleased to know this is just a normal part of PB-ness. YAY!

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    So happy to know that I'm not alone in this. So many of us are used to stressing about everything we eat and when. I've only had 1200 calories today too... Just not hungry for more. Usually I'm so afraid of the blood sugar crash ( like Mrs M, blood sugar crashing is my migraine trigger), that I'm constantly worrying about my next snack or meal. If this continues and I no longer spend time worrying about blood sugar and whether or not I got enough fuel post-workout, what will I do with all that extra time?

Thanks to the OP & responders for setting my mind at ease.

slacker is offline Senior Member
    I love it. I realized today that if I didn't lose another pound (need to lose about 40 more) I'd still be happy with this WOL because it is just so liberating. And staying ketogenic has proven wonderful for my chronic migraines. Better than any of the drugs. Awesome.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Wait until you get to the "holy crap, I completely forgot to eat" phase.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Paleo Bill is offline Junior Member
    I am new here and I posted a similar question. I basically want to skip lunch, which would be a fast between 6AM and 6PM everyday. Just be sure you get enough calories and nutrients per day, or at least daily average throughout the week. It doesn't matter that you don't until dinner.

However, just be sure that you are not under weight - On this I may be going against the grain (no pun intended), but I am old enough to remember Karen Carpenter. When she looked in the mirror she saw an overweight woman. It is very hard to understand but that happens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Carpenter

Primalvore is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs_moesy View Post
    Anyway, this is Day 3 of eating very primal. No grains, no sugar, lots of fats, lots of veggies and lovely lovely meat. According to FitDay, I had just under 1200 calories on Tuesday, less than 900 yesterday and about 1400 today. I have hardly been hungry at all.
    This is what I'm worried about - I'm completely satisfied, but a few days out of the week I'm getting under 1000 calories. As in...between 650-900. That is with a pretty good amount of coconut oil, butter, and other fats. I think I might just be going through a phase - some weeks I'm just nauseated/not at all hungry. I guess I'll just see how it goes week by week. I only have about 10-15 lbs to lose to get super lean and it's just a rollercoaster, so it will just be trial and error for a while!

"The Way We Do Anything Is the Way We Do Everything"
    ~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry
    My Leangains/Primal Lifestyle Challenge to begin 2/7/11!
    Check out the Blog for Daily Progress

slacker is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I do worry about some of our members struggling with eating disorders. Some people should GAIN weight by eating healthy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast