Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Coconut Flour Chocolate Cake page

maba is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I used Coconut Flour for the first time yesterday to make Dragonmamma's pancakes and I am head-over-heels in love with it. It tastes like toasted coconut with a hint of sweetness. I just found a chocolate cake recipe on Dr.Mercola's site that I want to share with you all:

http://www.mercola.com/products/coconut_flour.htm

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

oh yummers thank you!

what is dragons recipe?

I have one I use from the cooking with coconut flour cookbook but love to try others xoxo Darlene

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

I think her recipe is:

8 eggs

1/2 cups coconut glour

1/2 c full-fat coconut milk

pinch of salt

Darlene?

That ch. cake recipe looks very good. I want to try it.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Yep, that's it, except I use coconut flour instead of coconut glour. (Nyuk-nyuk!)

Just had a loverly hamburger and slice of onion between two coconut flour pancakes for lunch.

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

lol I was like what the heck is glour(some new primal thing I gotta go google) lol

oh yes I did hamburgers on primal pancakes before soo good...or I make them smaller for brekkie sandwhiches yum xoxo Darlene

Dragon does these pancakes taste eggy? since they have 8 eggs? wow and how many does the recipe make? thank you xoxo

Nope, amazingly enough, they do not taste eggy. (Not that that would be a bad thing.)

That makes about 24 pancakes; your mileage may vary depending on your idea of a normal-size pancake.

Catalina is offline Member

Thanks for the link, maba--I bookmarked it. Gotta try the pancakes-as-bread thing sometime. I know SOG has an amazing looking recipe on his site for a Primal breakfast sandwich using them.

paleo_piper is offline Junior Member

I tried these pancakes today and I found them to be a bit dry even after I drowned them in VCO.

How can I make them less dry?

Catalina is offline Member

I know when she first posted the recipe, she said it was very important to let the mixture sit 5 minutes after blending and before cooking them up--maybe that would help?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

It is a relatively dry recipe, which is why I like it; it holds together really well as a bun, and it soaks up curry sauce.

If you wanted to eat them as actual pancakes, I'm guessing you could add a tablespoon of either coconut oil or butter to the recipe.

Butter makes everything taste better, right? That's why I've never been impressed by chefs who use lots of butter in their cooking. Heck, even I can make anything taste great if I drown it in butter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast