Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Penzey's Spices/soup thickener

Penzey's Spices/soup thickener

Shop Now
    Lucky me; a new spice store opened up near me. They have a web-site, but I suggest you all order a free catalog, which has photo's and is much more exciting to look through:
    http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penze...ml?id=7rgihYGc

I'm going today to pick up some Gumbo File; powdered sassafras leaves, which is described as a thickener. I know that's something everyone here is always looking for.

Arrowroot works, too. Penzey's also carries that.

Gordo

Oooh Penzey's Penzy's is the holy grail of spice purveyors. Anything, and I mean ANYthing you can think of, they have.... I love going in there and poking through unfamiliar spices.. the aroma of the store is amazing.

Hmm... may need to make a Penzey's run soon....

I remember the first time I ordered through them. Even though the items were well sealed, the entire box smelled heavenly even before opening it. There spices are so fresh and wonderful.

I was introduced to Penzey's this year. I LOVE the fajita seasoning, Greek Seasoning, Lemon Pepper, Dutch Cocoa, oh I could go on. lol

I really like the Mural of Flavor blend.

We love our Penzey's spices. Bought some nice dark (unsweetened) cocoa from them, too.
    I'm a quitter...but I'm back now.

Love Penzey's spices. My cabinet is now full of them, and lucky me that I have one of their stores only a couple miles from my house. I love to stop by when I have some time to kill and just go through and smell everything. Gives me lots of great ideas of wonderful things to make.

Quote Originally Posted by lolov View Post
    Oooh Penzey's Penzy's is the holy grail of spice purveyors. Anything, and I mean ANYthing you can think of, they have.... I love going in there and poking through unfamiliar spices.. the aroma of the store is amazing.

Hmm... may need to make a Penzey's run soon....
    +1
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Shop Now
    Ooohh...I love their Smoked Paprika too. I go in there for one or two things and always leave with a bunch. I figure it's a great way to keep trying new things