Thread: Am anxious... page

BKY
    BKY is offline Junior Member

Am anxious...

Hello everyone, am new to the program. I will be starting 1/1/11. I was diagnosed with being insuline resistant 9/30/10. I have tried dieting ever since and although I have not gain any weigh am not loosing any either. I gained 20 pounds within the last 8 months by eating the wrong foods for my body. I'm 145 pounds and am only 5 feet tall... I need help !

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Before you start, I have a few suggestions.

I see that you are beginning the diet on the first day of 2011, which makes me believe that getting healthy and fit is a New Year's resolution. Fact is, nobody ends up following a New Year's resolution very long. Why don't you just start Primal Blueprint tomorrow?

During your stay on Primal Blueprint, hopefully an extended stay, I have some suggestions on eating.
    1. Never cheat. Reason: One cheat leads to another- that one little bite of chocolate could lead to a binge as well as cravings for food the next day.
    2.If you ever feel like you are going to faint, are going to lose your temper or are going to do anything you don't want to do eat some fat. Reason: Fat will stabilize your blood sugar.
    3.If anybody ever tries to persuade you to eat something you shouldn't eat, say you have an allergy. Reason: Nobody wants to mess with allergies.
    4.If anybody ever argues with you about why your diet is unhealthy, don't try to convince them of Primal Blueprint because it just isn't going to happen. Reason: People not eating the foods you eat keeps the prices of our foods down. Imagine how expensive grass fed beef would be if it was a staple of everyone's diet...

Hope you find your way on Primal Blueprint!

peril is offline Senior Member
    This isn't a weight loss programme, its a healthy lifestyle. You should be on it until you die. Don't wait, start now

Also there is noone to tell you you are failing or succeeding in this lifestyle. If you think you're not doing it well or you have a bad day, just put it behind you and do better. Forgive yourself your mistakes but don't try to compensate for them

Good luck
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    This isn't a weight loss programme, its a healthy lifestyle. You should be on it until you die. Don't wait, start now

Also there is noone to tell you you are failing or succeeding in this lifestyle. If you think you're not doing it well or you have a bad day, just put it behind you and do better. Forgive yourself your mistakes but don't try to compensate for them

Good luck
    2 points for staring now!

Griff is offline Senior Member
    If you approach this as purely weight loss, you will fail. Start now, and don't look back. This is not something you can do for a while and then stop and expect to still have success. You must decide you are doing this for your health, not just your weight.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    BKY,

They are correct! If you don't start now, today, then you are kidding yourself. This requires a lifetime commitment.

Immediately go through your kitchen and remove all foods that contain grains, high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, sugars, corn & legumes. Donate them to your local church or food pantry.

Also get yourself started on the most important vitamin for human health: Vitamin D3. See details below:

Best to you,
    Grizz