Thread: Meatless Monday page

DaveFish is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

Just saw the website Meatless Monday:

http://www.meatlessmonday.com

What's really disturbing is that it appears to be created in association with the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.

Spouting the SOS about meat being bad for you and how it is unsustainable for the planet, yadda yadda yadda.

Loved this comment left by one of the acolytes:

"I make it simple and advise those who drive through Dunkin Donuts every day to skip the bacon and egg on a muffin, and grab the bagel instead"

And Grok wept.

grandma is offline Member

Wednesday is Prince Spaghetti day!

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2009/07/_globe_photodav.html

Anthony doesn't look too bad, it could be worse I suppose.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

DaveFish is offline Junior Member

I love the North End! Don't remember that commercial but thanks for the link to a really good article.

Mick Guest

[quote]

... meat being bad for you and how it is unsustainable for the planet ...</blockquote>

They had a word with the planet, and it told them, did it?

The hubris involved in anyone electing to, as it were. speak for "the planet" is quite mind-boggling.

I suppose in their muddled minds they probably mean something like raising food animals will in some way create conditions around us that will, in some under-described way, be bad for us.

Why yet more intensive farming - and, presumably, on land that&#39;s currently not used for arable farming, because it&#39;s unsuitable for crops - should create conditions that will, somehow, benefit us remains unexplained. It would also be disastrous for the landscape and for wildlife.
    [quote]

Loved this comment left by one of the acolytes ...</blockquote>

The "left comment" is pathetic. Presumably he or she means eat the bread roll with nothing else. The common or garden high-carbohydrate/low-fat nonsense is bad enough, but what kind of fool imagines that anyone can sustain health on "bread alone"?