Thread: Mercury (amalgam) Fillings and root canals page

Balance is offline Senior Member

Mercury (amalgam) Fillings and root canals

Shop Now
    Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone from this community has had any issues with amalgam fillings or root canals? I had a root canal with a mercury filling done when I was very young and after having it in my body for over 10 years I finally removed it. I researched the protocol advised by Dr. Hal Huggins DDS (contributor for the WAPF) and removed it holistically so that no extra amalgam can be absorbed into my body. There has been a lot of compelling research linking mercury toxicity from dental work to auto-immune disease. What is more disturbing is the way amalgam can wreak havoc on your brain/mood since it is a powerful neuro-toxin. My detoxification/chelation has been pretty low-tech since I eat basically a strict paleo diet with whole foods. The only supplement I take for it is chlorella which is basically a sea algae first found on the shores of Japan which was used to chelate toxic metals from the body. I also hear cilantro works.

Has anyone else had experience with this? What worked for you? What made things worse? How long did it take to fully recover? I was living with the root canal/filling for over 10 years and I have had it out for less than a year. So I don't expect stellar results overnight, but so far its been pretty good.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    As my old amalgam fillings have needed replacing, I have had them replaced by replaced with resin composites, and continue to do so. However, some people say that those are as bad or worse. Kat (Cillakat) has posted that opinion.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Now that I removed the amalgam filling and tooth I have no more of it in my mouth. I have no other fillings and I plan to not have anymore done. I haven't had a cavity in over 10 years and the last one I had was the one that was removed. Being on a paleo diet is a good prevention for dental carries and gum disease anyways so we have that going for us. The only problem right now is I have a tooth missing which you can't notice since its in the back of my mouth. I am planning on getting braces which should pull it all together so I won't even have to put in a bridge/partial or fake replacement tooth. (getting the braces because of excessive teeth grinding during sleep because of a lack of space/width)