Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holy crap! I've gained three-and-a-half pounds! page

wilberfan is offline Senior Member

Angry Holy crap! I've gained three-and-a-half pounds!

Jeeeeezusss.... I last weighed myself maybe 2 weeks ago... I THOUGHT THIS PRIMAL STUFF WAS S'POSED TO MAKE YA LOSE WEIGHT--or at least maintain...

I'm guessing it's the walnuts & almonds? Now that my toast and cereal are gone--it's the only crunchy, easy-to-grab food source in the house... (That and my daily apple slices with almond butter spread on it! YUM!!) God, wonder what my daily calorie intake is like...?

Dammit. Guess I'll have to cut way back on them suckers. I'm almost out--guess I won't buy anymore for awhile and see what happens...
    Last edited by wilberfan; 12-24-2010 at 10:50 AM.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Nuts and dairy are the bane of my existance. I easily go way overboard. Almond butter is nolonger allowed in my house.

batty is offline Senior Member
    hint: you probably should not be freaking out about a measly 3.5 lbs.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

hmaleo is offline Member
    I gained fat eating nuts and I never felt like I ate a ton of them either. After just one week of not eating nuts I've already lost an inch off my waist and hips (I don't weigh myself, I have a history of disordered eating and it's too much of a trigger).
    Last edited by hmaleo; 12-24-2010 at 01:25 PM.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by batty View Post
    hint: you probably should not be freaking out about a measly 3.5 lbs.
    +1

I still weigh myself frequently because I'm just so darned interested in the variation on the scale. I weigh myself right after waking up and using the bathroom. It's entirely possible for me to gain or lose 3lbs in 24 hours, often for no obvious reason.

But if you suspect your nuts, certainly give them up for a bit. I find it quite liberating now going without things that I swore I could never live without.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    I go up and down 5 lbs in a day - easy. No biggy.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    What if the weight gain is muscle, not fat? As a long time slave to the scale, I force myself to go by how I feel, and how my clothing fits.

gordo is offline Senior Member
    3.5 pounds is one good dump. I wouldn't worry about it.

I've been trying to gain weight and it's hard freaking work. The gallon and a half of heavy whipping cream that I've drunk in the last few weeks seems to have bought me maybe a couple of pounds, but it's hard to tell as my weight moves up and down in a 5-6 lb range. If your carb intake is appropriate to your exercise level, fat should just melt away.

Gordo

kcult is offline Senior Member
    I'm definitely +/- 3 lbs in a day, everyday. I like to weigh myself before I go to bed and again after I wake up. I marvel at the thought that I can lose so much weight during my sleep.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Nuts will increase your caloric intake through carbs far too high. Nuts are not carb-free, and carbs will make you gain weight if you go outside Mark's "sweet spot for weight loss" point. Nuts make it far too easy to exceed that sweet spot.

If you want crunch, grab some carrots and celery.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast