Thread: Zero energy for jogging page

leanjean is offline Junior Member

Zero energy for jogging

Primal Fuel
    Dear Mark,

I am one of those skinny fat people. Im 44 years old, 56 tall, and weigh 132 pounds but my body fat percentage is 34%! I look pretty good in pants and skirts but not so great in a bathing suit, thanks to my thighs being quite jiggly. So Ive decided its finally time for me to tackle the excess fat on my body (concentrated primarily on my legs), and Im using the Primal Blueprint to do it.

Ive been doing PB for almost two weeks and feel good except for when I try to jog or exert myself beyond a walk. Im an athletic person, and used to run quite a bit (did a marathon in 2005) but since starting PB, when I try to do a slow jog, I have ZERO energy. So I wanted to ask you if I need to: a) keep doing what Im doing because the energy will come in a week or two once my body has learned to burn fat instead of sugar; or b) increase my protein, calories, fat or carbs.

I calculated my nutritional amounts based on my weight and body fat percentage, and followed the same formulas you used on Ken and Kelly Korg in your book to come up with these daily amounts:

61 grams of protein, 75 grams of carbs, 78 grams of fat, and 1248 calories.

Do these amounts look okay to you? Should I just stick with these numbers and be satisfied with lots of walking for the first few weeks? Or do you think Id have more energy to jog and sprint (and burn more calories) if I increased any or all of these numbers?

Thanks so much for your help, and Merry Christmas!

LeanJean

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Looks like you need more fat. That will also get you the calories that you seem to be lacking. 1248 seems too low to me. Try 1600 at least. I can't tell you how many grams of fat you need, but I can tell you to not be afraid of fatty cuts of meat, to not spare the olive oil on salads, and to enjoy bacon and eggs.

Low-carb flu could be playing a role, too, and luckily fats will help you get over it.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!