Thread: I have the coolest grok-kids... page

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member

I have the coolest grok-kids...

Primal Fuel
    They are sat here in front of me eating pork rinds, chicken liver pate and salad

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Awesome

I'm making progress with mine. My 12 year old son made me bacon and eggs this morning, and mused that I should develop a recipe for tacos where I use bacon for the taco shells. He's not eating very primal yet, but he's thinking along the right lines
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    I should develop a recipe for tacos where I use bacon for the taco shells.
    Brilliant. I've got to make this happen.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    Brilliant. I've got to make this happen.
    Already done....
    http://bacontoday.com/bacon-shell-tacos-aka-bacos/

Balance is offline Senior Member
    When my fiance and I have kids I am going to try to raise them paleo style. One problem is my fiance is a vegetarian lol. But she is on board and actually believes my diet is optimal and hers isn't. So I think raising our kids that way shouldn't be a problem.

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    When my fiance and I have kids I am going to try to raise them paleo style. One problem is my fiance is a vegetarian lol. But she is on board and actually believes my diet is optimal and hers isn't. So I think raising our kids that way shouldn't be a problem.
    I highly recommend raising your kids primaly. I was raised on healthy food (real healthy food, not tofu sh*t) and eating stuff like bread and candy doesn't appeal to me at all. You'd be giving your children an amazing gift.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteakNchop View Post
    I highly recommend raising your kids primaly. I was raised on healthy food (real healthy food, not tofu sh*t) and eating stuff like bread and candy doesn't appeal to me at all. You'd be giving your children an amazing gift.
    That's awesome. I was raised that way too but it was only until I had to take a nutrition class for nursing school which changed my thinking. I started eating low-fat "heart healthy" grains and cereals that put my digestive system through hell. CW really tricked me. Good thing my fiance is on board with the idea and it shouldn't be hard to incorporate when we have children.

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Morgan ate duck heart and eggs for breakfast

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    That's awesome. I was raised that way too but it was only until I had to take a nutrition class for nursing school which changed my thinking. I started eating low-fat "heart healthy" grains and cereals that put my digestive system through hell. CW really tricked me. Good thing my fiance is on board with the idea and it shouldn't be hard to incorporate when we have children.
    Oh, I see all the time parents pushing bread into little kids faces who are in strollers and stuff. The kids don't really want it. We're made to eat primaly.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    oh it bugs the hell out of me when i see parents insisting their kids finish their food, and it's nothing but part of the bun or sammich bread.

pate, that's awesome!