Thread: How to bring family aboard page

Marana Tha is offline Junior Member

How to bring family aboard

Shop Now
    Since this is Christmas eve-eve, I figured I'd get some fun thoughts on getting family to eat a little more paleo. Are you the cook in your family, or the victim? My husband is on a low fat diet and was cutting up slices of cold meat a few minutes ago. I screamed, "Caveman diet!!" and snatched half his stuff on my way through the kitchen. He called me a nasty name, then inquired about what I was eating in my new lifestyle. My snacks are WAY better than his and will help remove wheat from the family. Any others?

it1958 is offline Senior Member
    yow. THAT's got to be challenging..... I'm the cook but my kids are getting big (currently in the house: 19-yo female, 18-yo male, 17-yo DS, 14-yo DD, 10-yo DD). The oldest two are frequent visitors and 'tolerate' my "silliness". my 17-yo is totally against the changes i'm implementing but is noticing some of his favorite things are disappearing but i also catch him using more butter and sea salt! my 14-yo is totally on board but th 10yo isnt much of a meat-eater. good thing she likes eggs. husband will eat whatever is on a plate and not moving.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I'm the cook at home and my kids will eat what they're told or nothing Fortunately, they're younger (7, 7 & 5) and they love meat, eggs and vegies.

I'm a nurse and scared my SO into primal by telling him scary stories of young diabetic amputee/renal failure/blindness/etc.. patients. I've got him so scared of sugar and bread he runs screaming at the sight of a donut