Thread: Looking for Grass Fed near Toronto page

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Can anyone from (or near) Toronto point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

I grok, therefore I am.

KC
    KC is offline Junior Member

Hi Lovestoclimb,

I've had occasional success at our local Farmer's market just outside of the GTA, and found some grassfed beef and pastured chickens via eatwild:

http://www.eatwild.com/products/canada.html#ON

...and although a bit north for me the simcoe farm fresh directory has also been helpful:

http://www.simcoecountyfarmfresh.ca/index.php

Have given up trying to find pastured butter and am just about ready to sneak a cow onto our property )

Yeah, I ran across the Eat Wild site today in hopes to find a farm or farms within a few minutes of here.

But I'll definitely be checking out the area on my occasional trips to Toronto.

Thanks KC!

I grok, therefore I am.

62shelby Guest

LTC, check out the farmers market in Guelph, they have some grass fed and bison and some other game meats apparently, a friend of mine has purchased it there.

twa2w is offline Senior Member

If a bunch of you folks in Toronto want to get together, I can put you in touch with my brother and he can sell you a whole steer. He can arrange butchering. You will have to arrange pickup - he is a fair ways north of Toronto though. You can divide it anyway you want. 100% grass fed

Cheers

J

How far north of Toronto? I'm three hours away in North Bay. The further north the better!

I grok, therefore I am.

twa2w is offline Senior Member

My brothr is in New Liskeard which is a bit further north than you are. Most of the cattle butchered in that area is grassfed - or sold and shipped south to be grainfed in feed lot. It is known as the little claybelt and a lot of dairy and beef farmers there - AFAIK most farmers threre don't grain feed their beef unless they fatening up for a show. Also if you are a cheese eater - try the cheese from the thornloe cheese factory ( the curds are usually so fresh they squeek in you teeth when you eat them.)

Cheers

J