Thread: Top 5 worst cookbooks! More of the PCRM in BottomLine/Personal page

barryman9000 is offline Senior Member

Top 5 worst cookbooks! More of the PCRM in BottomLine/Personal

Primal Fuel
    After discussing Mark's recent "illustrious" award amongst the PCRM's top five worst cookbooks with the Mrs, I picked up the newest edition of BottomLine/Personal. Normally it's a pretty cool periodical, very curt and to the point facts and info about finances, family planning, law and of course health.

Like everyone on MDA I'm used to reading health articles in seemingly reliable publications that promote a low-fat, whole grain based diet. However this recent BL article kept advocating avoidance of ALL animal products to eliminate disease, including kidney, heart, periodontal, Alzheimer's, hypertension and even cataracts... Hmmm.

The Author? Dr. Neal Barnard MD, a non-practicing Psychiatrist. President of the PCRM and former president of PETA who co-authored articles with PCRM member Jerry Vlasak who considers the murder of doctors who use animals in research "morally acceptable." http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...rry_vlasak.php

I also found references to a February 2004 Newsweek article that stated of the thousands of PCRM members, less than 4% are are actual physicians.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Nice finds. Always sort of morbidly entertaining to hear about such lovely credentials and associates.

I'm pretty confident even most CW docs wouldn't advocate going vegan. Mine sure wouldn't -- but perhaps mine aren't very CW after all, since they also thought me eating primally during pregnancy was a great idea for general health and to avoid gestational diabetes...
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Nice finds. Always sort of morbidly entertaining to hear about such lovely credentials and associates.

I'm pretty confident even most CW docs wouldn't advocate going vegan. Mine sure wouldn't -- but perhaps mine aren't very CW after all, since they also thought me eating primally during pregnancy was a great idea for general health and to avoid gestational diabetes...
    I just noticed your signature line. Congrats on baby #2....hope you're healing up well and the transition to parenting two has gone smoothly. Happy babymoon
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Liz! Everything is great. :)

janie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just saw it too. Congratulations. What a lucky baby to be fed well from the start.