Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tinnitus page

Balance is offline Senior Member

Tinnitus

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys I just wanted to see if anyone has issues with Tinnitus (ringing in the ears). I used to be on a "very healthy conventional diet" that consisted of a lot of whole grains and dairy. I have been strict primal/paleo for almost a year. A lot of my allergy/gut/GERD ailments are gone. But the one thing that still remains is the tinnitus. I hear it can also be caused by stress or teeth grinding. I wonder if anyone has relatively good success with tinnitus. What has worked for you?

Bane is offline Senior Member
    If anything mine is worse this year than years past. *shrug*

I'm looking for something to help, too.

Grizz is offline Banned
    "Vitamin B12 deficiency is somehow associated with chronic tinnitus," says Dr. Attias. "Long-term exposure to noise may deplete body levels of B12 and so make the ears more vulnerable to noise-induced damage."

Most of the people in this study had tinnitus for six years or longer. "It's possible that people who are treated earlier for vitamin B12 deficiency may have more improvement in their tinnitus than occurred in this study," says Dr. Attias.

If you have tinnitus, and especially if you also have memory problems, ask your doctor to check your blood level of vitamin B12, he suggests.

Although most people get enough vitamin B12 from foods, absorption problems can cause shortages, especially in older people. Strict vegetarians, who eat no meats, dairy products or eggs, are also at risk for deficiency, since B12 comes only from animal foods.

The rest here:
    http://www.mothernature.com/Library/...oks/10/111.cfm
    http://www.holisticonline.com/remedi...et-vitamin.htm

Grizz

it1958 is offline Senior Member
    I strongly believe in Bee Wilder's Healing Naturally program. She connects tinnitus with candidiasis. She has quite a few articles on her website (as well as success stories) that you can check out, if you're interested:

http://tinyurl.com/237py3e

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have a gut feeling (no pun intended) that it could be because of Candida. Although I am sure it is getting better with my strict paleo/primal diet I will probably have to get more restrictive to really nip it in the bud.

it1958 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have a gut feeling (no pun intended) that it could be because of Candida. Although I am sure it is getting better with my strict paleo/primal diet I will probably have to get more restrictive to really nip it in the bud.
    I know I dug my heels in and refused to 'get more restrictive'...till i saw other people with my condition getting better. So i jumped. and am happy.

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    I've had it as far back as I can remember, but lately it seems to be getting worse. I'll be glad to see what comes of the suggestions here.

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    If you want to supplement B12, I'd recommend getting the methyl variety. It eliminates one chemical step, since it's already the form the body uses. Putting a tablet under your tongue is much more effective than swallowing it. It can get directly to the blood stream.

I've heard that some people have found taking pycnogenol helps with tinnitus.

Mica is offline Member
    Candida, eh? Interesting. More and more signs pointing in that direction for me.

I know it's not B12 because I get my levels checked semi-regularly and am usually well-stocked in that department! I have good-normal hearing (doc's exact words were: "Not just normal but on the GOOD end of normal") so it's not necessarily due to hearing loss/damage, but I wouldn't put it past me either... I went to a lot of rock shows in my early twenties, mwahaha.

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Tinnitus is often a symptom of damage to the microscopic hairs that line the inner ear, with the most common cause being noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL). If this is what causes it for you, it is never going to go away, although you may find it is worse when you are tired, stressed or ill.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast