Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hair scent question page

terrax is offline Member

hair scent question

Primal Fuel
    for those of you who go 'no-poo', is there a way to make you hair smell good??... I have been shampoo-free for about 5 months now and I love how healthy my hair is. But, (according to my mom), my hair smells bad...??? I thought it just had no scent, but she said that sometimes it smells bad which made me really self-conscious.... is there a way to make your hair smell good without shampoo?????

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Add some essential oil in your preferred scent to your cider vinegar. A couple drops each time you shampoo'll do it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the tip I've wondered too. My husband loves the smell of ACV, so he doesn't mind. But I'd like a smell to linger a little longer than the ACV smell does, and I'd hoped an essential oil would last longer.

I also keep a spray bottle full of water in case I need a little moisture for my hear to obey, and I bet if I added some essential oils to that it would work like a mild hair perfume.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    A spritz of rose water makes the hair smell lovely also.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Wash it with water more frequently?
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

peril is offline Senior Member
    I've only washed my hair with water for three years. No odour at all. No grease either
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I went back to shampoo/conditioner b/c I missed my hair smelling so good and feeling super soft. Maybe one day I'll go poo-less again and try some of the ideas in this thread...
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Bishop is offline Senior Member
    A couple drops of lavender oil on my hairbrush makes my hair smell nice.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Terrax: Ask your mother to be a bit more specific. Bad smell could be many things. As an example, lavender and rose were suggested in previous posts. They would be a cloying, sickening odors for me, but not for the world. Now the smell of cheddar cheese, or roast beef----exquisite.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

terrax is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    thanks for the suggestions!! I normally use an essential oil blend and my mom told me that my hair smelled after I hadn't showered in a few days due to being super busy.- but she did say that "sometimes" it smells bad so I took it as more often than that even though I don't usually notice any sort of bad smell. I guess I will just try to rinse it more often and remember to use essential oils more often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast