Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Aila's Primal Journey page 22

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    FIFTY POUNDS WOOHOOO!!! (You beat me to it!)
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic achievement Aila - I am absolutely stoked for you!!

doghug is offline Member
    WoW! 50 POUNDS!!! great job!!!!
    " If you truly love nature you will find beauty everywhere"

- Vincent Van Gogh

Primal Since January 2011

Optimus Primal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aila View Post
    What a glorious weekend!! ....Just sent in my progress pics for the "Success Stories In the Making" thread. Yahoo!! Almost 20lbs down since January....

Hi there. It sounds like you're making great progress and feeling encouraged.

Your meal picks on this post look wonderful. I may steal some recipes.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    How ya been, Aila?
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Aila is offline Senior Member
    I'm baaaaack!

Hi everyone,

Not sure how many of my old pals are still hanging around, but hopeful to see a few of you and make some new friends. It's coming up on my 4 year Primalversary! I've been mostly Primal all this time, but sometimes the 20% offroading lasted longer than I'd meant, always making me feel like cr@p, so at the end of August I realized I needed a stricter approach. Thus, I began a Whole30, which I've done before, but this time with the intention to continue until I am at a weight I feel good at. I've also promised myself not to weigh myself until then, and just that commitment has been very freeing. And, always being mindful of PaleoBird's advice that portion control does matter, for those of us who are wanting to lose weight as well as get healthy.

So, I'll likely be posting over there in the Whole30 Forum as well, but like the format of the MDA Forums/Journals better (I find it easier to follow individual people's threads here), plus I wanted to say hello again!

One GREAT new thing I did just this week was to FINALLY purchase amber glasses, and they are AWESOME!!! I put them on at 8:30pm for three nights in a row, with the goal of being in bed at 10:00 (and up at 6:00), and they work so much better than just f.lux alone on my laptop. F.lux is great, but these glasses really help me realize how much more light I'm getting from all the other ambient sources. I've found myself gradually getting pleasantly sleepier as the night wears on. YAY!

See y'all soon!
    Last edited by Aila; 10-04-2014 at 12:12 PM.
    50 yo single mom
    5'3"
    Primal since 12/1/2010. Now Whole30ing until I feel WHOLE again, my goals are no longer scale-related.

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Hi and welcome back! I've been kind of off and on myself, trying now to be a more-on. People tell me I'm that all the time... I don't know how they know...

Anyway, I'm interested in your source for the Amber glasses as it's something I'm interested in trying.

Thanks!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

meepster is online now Senior Member
    Hey, another amber-glasses wearing wacko! Glad I'm not alone.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Aila is offline Senior Member
    Hey Meepster! Well, that makes at least two of us amber glasses-wearing gay lawyer wackos here on MDA! I perused your journal and look forward to reading it through from beginning to end, but until then, know that I too did the BBT/fertility thing and conceived easily. And although I ate "healthy" while pregnant, I really wish I'd been primal/paleo then. Also, I lived in SF/Peninsula for many, many years. Did you see DCarr's question about a source for the glasses? (See above and below):

Thanks, DCarr! Yes, I just focus on the coming back and forgive myself the "off" times. Nothin' moronic about that! As for glasses source, I just clicked on a link from some Paleo source, don't remember which, and it took me to the $8/pair UVEX glasses at Amazon. Bought 'em with 1-click and they were here the next day. BUT! I just read today in Meepster's journal that what is key is the OD Rating, and I don't see one for these (even though the reviews clearly indicate that many people use them for blue light blocking/sleep hygiene). So, Meepster, send us your source! (Not the $250 prescription pair!)

Happy to be back, and happy it's the weekend! Friend's wedding tomorrow, really looking forward to that.

Hasta la proxima!
    50 yo single mom
    5'3"
    Primal since 12/1/2010. Now Whole30ing until I feel WHOLE again, my goals are no longer scale-related.

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

meepster is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here's where I got mine:

NoIR LaserShields: Laser safety goggles for krypton lasers and applications.

Note that they're red, not orange. In my experience, green light affects melatonin too, just not as much as blue, and the orange lenses don't block green light. The red lenses block EVERYTHING that could possibly affect melatonin. They're expensive - I paid $110 for mine - but worth it. (yes, this has been an expensive experiment - but considering the benefits, it's been worth every penny)

Glad to know your fertility journey was successful! I'm 38, so who knows if it's going to work for me or not - but I'm going to give it a good solid try, at least. How old were you when you conceived?

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast