Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Aila's Primal Journey page 20

Aila is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's Wednesday again. And I am at 194.2. Slooooooooow loss this month. But! Loss nonetheless.

In 2 days I am going to add back in eggs, and see if I have any kind of reaction. I doubt I will, but I'm going to do this protocol exactly. Then, I wait three days before adding in another food (for me this will be ghee). We'll see how it all goes! Got some pastured cultured butter at the store the other day. Can you make ghee with cultured butter?

I'm doing really well with the "giving up sloth" during Lent. Haven't taken an escalator or elevator in a week!

Busy busy busy at work. Tired and it's 10pm and I still have a bunch of work to do. I know, not very PB...

Hope all is well for the rest of you out here!
    Last edited by Aila; 02-29-2012 at 11:49 PM.
    48 yo single mom
    5'2", goal weight 110lb/50kg
    Healing from a very well-intentioned (but disastrous) near lifelong vegetarianism...

183.0 - CW FIFTY POUNDS RELEASED!
    233 - SW

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely you can make ghee with cultured butter. Same as usual - heat till melted by any method, then pour off the ghee (I usually strain this, too, since I really need to avoid the milk solids).

Your continued loss is fantastic! And much faster than mine, lol.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Thanks, Mama! That's great news, and I can't wait till I add back in ghee! (Yes, I'll be straining too)

Since it is March 1st, I'm announcing today's weight as well, which is 192.8!! I am finally back below (just!) where I was - ever so briefly - last July. So, I'm altering my signature - YAY!

Most exciting of all is that tomorrow morning I am having EGGS for breakfast!! Today is Day 90 of my Personal Paleo Code Step One, and I get to start adding back in foods, and I am so excited! (Of course, it is still Lent, so everything must be Whole30 compliant).

Going to start a yoga class on Monday nights. Feeling better in my body every day!
    48 yo single mom
    Healing from a very well-intentioned (but disastrous) near lifelong vegetarianism...

233 - SW

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

Brief check-in at the end of a looong and full weekend:

I've now added back eggs, today was day three of that. No issues, really. It's not 100% certain since I still have some digestive symptoms/GI issues and nasal/sinus congestion, as I've had for seemingly ever now. But my 90 days were up and it was time to add things back in again.

I notice that I am quite naturally decreasing the amount I eat, both in terms of portions and in terms of meals per day. I am just trusting this now.

I feel like my body is shifting, almost melting, especially around my hips. It's such a weird - but good! - feeling.

Tomorrow I start a new yoga class. Really looking forward to being more in my body!!

Woo-Freaking-Hoo!!

Yep, it's Wednesday again, and that means Weekly Weigh-in report!

Today I am at - tah dah!! - 189.3!!
    That's right, I have lost almost 5 lbs in the past week (4.9 to be exact), and I'm now in the 180s!! I am so happy!

The pajama top I have on right now is loose. And when it was given to me by my daughter a few Christmases ago, it was so tight I couldn't button it up. I had to wear a tank top under, and just wear the top unbuttoned like an overshirt. Being fat is no picnic.

Plus, I really enjoyed my new yoga class, and today I can still feel it kicking my you-know-what! I set a goal that by the time I turn 50, not only will I be small and strong for living a primal lifestyle, but I will be able to stand in tree pose with absolute balance, not wobbling all over!!

Primal life is good, Peeps.
    Last edited by Aila; 03-07-2012 at 05:56 PM.
    48 yo single mom

233 - SW

Aila's Primal Journey

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    WOW! What do you think is the difference that started this consistent weight loss you've been having for so many weeks?

How are you feeling physically? Emotionally, too? I've been on a much more even keel since last summer, although more up and ddown the last week - with my weight!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Hi Peeps!

Sorry I've been only managing to pop in for my weekly weigh-ins...super busy at work and with kids...but sticking with and loving my Primal life!!

Today's Weekly Wednesday Weigh-in: 188.4! Down .9 from last week, very respectable given last week's wooosh.

MamaGrok - don't know anything to attribute my fairly steady weight loss, other than really really sticking with the plan - since it's Lent I'm 100%, and Whole40. I'm imagining that since I have so much weight to lose, that helps.

Eavesdropped on a "Gluten Free Store Tour" at my grocery tonight. We are everywhere!

Also, my giving up sloth for Lent is going really well - the biggest manifestation is that I'm not using elevators or escalators anywhere. Well, yesterday I walked all but the last flight of stairs, but I was sufficiently exhausted at that point to decide that it would not be considered slothful for me to take the elevator one floor

Good thoughts to you all!
    48 yo single mom

233 - SW

Aila's Primal Journey

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Glad to see you doing so well and feeling so good Aila. Congrats on the new low weight - you weigh less than me now!

187!!!

Oh yeah!

Em, I am like a foot shorter than you are, so I've got a looooooong way to go before I look as good as you, chica!

Life is great. It is so so easy, second nature really, to eat this way. I don't want to eat anything other than good, whole foods. But I also notice the past few days my skin is having some issues, and my stomach really was not happy with me after the corned beef and cabbage plate I ate at the Irish Festival on Saturday . Still, it feels good to be in touch with my body and to be able to quickly respond to what it needs.

I've really learned that I cannot eat a late dinner. I just feel gross, it's like the food sits in my stomach all night doing nothing, and I feel it there when I get up in the morning, too. Also, I think my skin stuff might be related to toxin release with all this fat melting off.

Just taking good care of myself, day by day.
    48 yo single mom

233 - SW

Aila's Primal Journey

186.3!

Better yet, this week I've appreciably lost more inches!

Skin stuff that I reported on last week is mostly cleared up. I've also had some RUQ discomfort, not sure what that's about, but one hypothesis is that with the fat loss and toxin release, my liver is working harder than usual... Anyway, I prefer to think that than the other places my little hypochondriac brain might go...

Also, I've noticed that some things that I started as a habit have become more ingrained already, like always taking the stairs. This is really cool - when I no longer think and have to make a conscious decision to not take the elevator, but instead just unconsciously go to the stairs every time.

Missed yoga this and last week due to work, but no worries - I know I'm sticking with it for the long haul. And I'm just feeling more in my body all the time.

Happy Spring, Everyone!
    48 yo single mom

233 - SW

Aila's Primal Journey

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast