Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Coconut Oil from Tropical Traditions Today! page

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Free Coconut Oil from Tropical Traditions Today!

Primal Fuel
    Tropical Traditions is running a Christmas special! With a $16+ order, they'll send a free quart of Gold Label coconut oil. Good thru Dec 26 (while supplies last).

I just got 2 quarts for $18.75 -- a free quart plus one for half price. Shipping under $7.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

canio6 Guest
    I just received PB in the mail yesterday so have not had a chance to read it yet, but I have been checking out the forum here for a week or so. I was thinking of taking advantage of this offer from Tropical Traditions but had a question first: does coconut oil taste like coconut? If so does it impart the flavor to food etc? I am not sure I would like to saute a steak and have it come out tasting of coconut.

Thanks in advance for the help.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, the oil does taste of coconut, but the flavor isn't powerful, at least to me. It's more scent than taste. I hear that the intensity and quality of flavor varies by brand.

Personally, I don't find that the taste really affects foods with a lot of their own flavor (like steak). Eggs cooked in coconut oil do have a surprisingly pleasant, lightly sweet, coconut flavor -- but stir fry made with coconut oil doesn't taste coconutty.

Hope that helps!
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

canio6 Guest
    That helps a bunch. Thanks

it1958 is offline Senior Member
    Eek, canio6. I'd have a different answer for you. It so depends on what kind of CO you get. I remember my first CO having a CO smell and taste. I wanted to add it to foods but it made everything, IMO, taste/smell like coconut, which i did not want! and i even liked coconut! So i bought some refined CO from Tropical Traditions (by the quart) which was real helpful for me. However, when i bought the same product in a gallon bucket, it was not good at all. (BTW, TT came thru for me and left me a satisfied customer!). Now I'm currently using their Green label for everything and I don't mind it any more. I like the way it tastes in my daily cups of bone broth or egg drink. I generally don't cook with it as the kids can smell it (even a teeny tiny tsp!!!) and they start hollering and having fits! One jar i got from Wilderness Family was the absolute best CO i've ever had, tho. http://www.wildernessfamilynaturals....oconut-oil.php It was pure heaven! So mild. So light. So - - yummy! I just can't afford it! I take 5.5 Tbsp daily (for candidiasis healing).

canio6 Guest
    Thanks for the response. I ordered the gold label which was on sale. I'll give it a try and see. If it is overly coconutty I'll just use it for when I make curry or soups with coconut milk.

Styrofoam Jones is offline Senior Member
    Ahhh, I want to hit this deal up so bad but I'm so short on cash right now. Definitely considering it... thanks for sharing.

PrimalMike is offline Junior Member
    I just tried to order it but it gave me an error page after hitting the “place order” button.

emailed their customer service people. we’ll see what happens.

netbum is offline Member
    Well ... I have a GALLON of TT Gold Label Coconut Oil in my pantry, so I sure don't need any more right now! But, I guess that's a testimony to how good it is!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I took advantage since I got a little holiday bonus. $27 for 2 jars of Gold Label. Not too shabby!

I'm waiting for the next time they offer free shipping so I can either get 3 1-gallon buckets, or go for the big 5-gallon bucket. Oh, it'll get used. It'll all get used.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast