Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please help with ice cream recipe page 2

K.ROB is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes try these. Just use coconut milk. And if you need it to be sweeter use honey

grokka is offline Senior Member

girl scout is offline Senior Member
    Grokka, that looks horrible.... :P

TheFoodLovers is offline Senior Member
    Here's our recipe (newly posted, too!) for ice cream using coconut milk. It turns out really, REALLY well...

As mentioned on page 1, this is certainly a 20% type of thing, and our last 'sweet' recipe for a month or two.

Last edited by TheFoodLovers; 12-30-2010 at 10:33 AM.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Add some alcohol to the mix if you substitute artificial sweeteners. This will prevent formation of ice crystals. This tip from www.healthyindulgences.blogspot.com. Lauren is an awesome low carb cook, not primal, so there are lots of sugar substitutes.
    http://healthyindulgences.blogspot.c...el/ice%20cream
    Last edited by Adrianag; 12-30-2010 at 06:26 PM.

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
    We made primal eggnog which i think could easily be turned into awesome ice cream. The only thing is I'm nervous about heating it up to form the custard. How do you stop it from turning lumpy?
    I think egg nog would make great ice cream. If you temper the eggs and heat the mixture slowly and stir it constantly, it won't get lumpy. A double-boiler is nice, but not a requirement. To temper the eggs, blend the egg yolks and sugar together, then add hot cream while blending on low. Dump the mess back into the pan and heat back to your ending temperature.

Gordo

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    Posting that coconut chocolate almond icecream is cruel. very cruel. i really really want icecream now. it looks so cold and creamy and crunchy and yum.

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Simmer three sliced up apples in two cans of full fat coconut milk until they are super soft (a hour or so). Add some cinnimon to taste and a tablespoon of Xanthum gum. Put the concoction in the belnder and puree until all the apple chunks are gone and its smooth. Put it in the fridge for about three hours. Super yummy primal pudding. The cocnut mile hardens a bit and the Xanthum gum helps everything congeal uniformly. Sprinkle a little nutmeg on top and go crazy. My family LOVES it.

Sonnenblume is offline Senior Member
    Thank you so much for the inspiration you have all given me! I am looking forward to giving those ideas a try! As for the "80/20-thing": My ice cream the way I use to prepare it (100 g sugar) is definitely a "20% treat"; but in general, I use cream and coconut milk a lot and do not see a reason to count it as a cheat...

Sonnenblume is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I just swa that one of the recipes includes nut butter (I have already thought about adding some). If you add nut butter to a receipe, does it require to use less "fluid ingredients" like heavy cream or coconut milk?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast