Thread: Connecting with a hunter? page

BoyPrimal is offline Senior Member

Connecting with a hunter?

Primal Fuel
    I wonder if anyone has done this. I would -love- to find a way to get in contact with a local hunter who I could buy meat from. I live in California; there's definitely deer around, and I think pigs.

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    Gotta be careful with the wording, it is illegal in all states to buy, sell, trade, etc any wild game meat (pretty sure that is the case in all states). I usually give out a bit of meat to friends and such in my area when we have extra, wish you lived closer. If a friend will help us process or take the meat and process it themselves they usually get extra for their labor

periquin is offline Senior Member
    To find hunters giving away game, start here .......http://nrablog.com/post/2010/10/29/A...s-of-meat.aspx
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by periquin View Post
    To find hunters giving away game, start here .......http://nrablog.com/post/2010/10/29/A...s-of-meat.aspx
    Unfortunately this is only giving meat away to soup kitchens, meals on wheels etc. It's not for solvent individuals to buy meat. I think one would need to make a more personal level contact with a hunter. Maybe show up to your local NRA meeting. If business is done on a handshake, there is no paper trail.

Where in CA do you live? I'll go in halves with you on a deer if you can find one. I was also hoping to find something locally but the best I have been able to do so far is in Colorado where apparently the laws are more sane, a company called Grande Natural Meats. Their site is ElkUSA.com and they have a bunch of good stuff, Elk, deer, bison. It was delivered promptly and well packaged to stay frozen.

Robin

Namasteak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Unfortunately this is only giving meat away to soup kitchens, meals on wheels etc. It's not for solvent individuals to buy meat. I think one would need to make a more personal level contact with a hunter. Maybe show up to your local NRA meeting. If business is done on a handshake, there is no paper trail.

Where in CA do you live? I'll go in halves with you on a deer if you can find one. I was also hoping to find something locally but the best I have been able to do so far is in Colorado where apparently the laws are more sane, a company called Grande Natural Meats. Their site is ElkUSA.com and they have a bunch of good stuff, Elk, deer, bison. It was delivered promptly and well packaged to stay frozen.

Robin
    We are in LA and are looking for people to split beef (we would like 1/4), pork (1/4), and lamb (1/2). If we can find some game meat we would go in on that too!