Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dark circles under the eyes? page

lolov is offline Senior Member

Dark circles under the eyes?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've always had very dark circles under my eyes... I was kind of hoping that they'd go away after going primal But, alas, nope... they are still there... dark as ever (fwiw, I'm grain, legume, sugar, dairy and nut free.)

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a nutritional component/cause of the dark circles. I'd love to not constantly look as if I haven't slept for a month

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Usually it's a dairy thing, especially in children... how long have you been dairy-free? And how much DO you sleep?

jem51 is offline Senior Member
    increased blood sugar is a cause. diagnosed or not.
    as you continue, they may lighten.
    how long's it been?

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    I have the same issue (ah hell, I have more issues than reader's digest) I'm not dairy free though. I recall having them since childhood(for example, in grade 4, I was asked who hit me, the circles were that dark) Nutrition-wise, apparently iron and a B-complex are helpful. BUT it could also be that the skin under your eyes are very thin, showing the veins. Also, barring allergies, just rubbing eyes a lot can cause the bruising(I do this unfortunately)
    Calm the f**k down.

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spughy View Post
    Usually it's a dairy thing, especially in children... how long have you been dairy-free? And how much DO you sleep?
    really?, my kids have a bit of pinkish under their eyes and sometimes have circles. I really am going to have to take them completely off dairy for a while now that I read this and I think I heard that before.
    I also have dark circles off and on ( proabably dairy realted too, huh?). I was anemic but taking iron has only helped a little. I bet not being on here at 11:30 would help though! Sorry, I'm no help.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    THere are two options that I can think of... first you are a vampire, and require the blood of the innocent to quench your ever thirsty...uh...thirst for blood.

The second is that you have begun down the Path to the Darkside, from which there is no return. Give in, give in to your hatred, give in to your fear, let the gates of your anger flow...

...either way, the blood of the innocent should fix you right up.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    THere are two options that I can think of... first you are a vampire, and require the blood of the innocent to quench your ever thirsty...uh...thirst for blood.

The second is that you have begun down the Path to the Darkside, from which there is no return. Give in, give in to your hatred, give in to your fear, let the gates of your anger flow...

Does that have to be 'self harvested' or can you use some of the commercial stuff from places like, Oh--Whole Foods?
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    pink under the eyes = dairy
    dark circles under the eyes = wheat

i had dark circles under my eyes and was always caking on cover-up. since i am wheat-free, it is gone.

there is also a heritage component to this too, though.... esp. Mediterranean types.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post

man i love your posts...

britt007 is offline Member
    Do you ever have sinus problems? Are the under eye areas ever sore? I had some problems with that, but as my sinuses get better, the circles are slowly going away. For awhile, I didn't even notice the congestion problems...until they were really bad. A chiro is helping me fix it up now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast