Thread: Hello From Grok Granny! page

Grok Granny is offline Junior Member

Red face Hello From Grok Granny!

Primal Fuel
    (I hope I am doing this right!!) Wanted to introduce myself

I live in Michigan and I have had quite the health journey! Between 2002 and 2004 I lost 100 lbs. Then my digestive system went haywire, out of the blue. So upset was I because I was still a good 40 lbs. from goal. Gallbladder came out in 2004. Celiac diagnosis in 2005. I am a happy grandmother of 2 and 57 years old, married to the love of my life for nearly 36 years.

After beginning GF, I regained a good 30 lbs. SOMETHING wasn't working!! I went back to school to become a Certified Nutritional Consultant, determined to learn all I could and help others. Although years of healthier eating ensued, my weight would not budge. I developed Leaky Gut Syndrome and multiple food sensitivities. WHAT on earth was going on???

Then I found "The Primal Blueprint". Thank GOD! I toyed with it over the summer of 2010.

I have been working toward 100% compliance with this lifestyle for the last couple of months. I am not there, but steadily moving in the right direction. Probably 85-90%. The removal of grains and legumes (I was already casein allergic on top of Celiac), has made a tremendous impact on how I feel. I no longer battle Leaky Gut and my food sensitivities are less and under better management. To say I am thrilled is an understatement.

I enjoy walking and hiking, biking in the summer...some swimming. Living in the frigid Michigan winter, I decided this year to outfit myself with proper clothing and get out there. It has been wonderful. I go to the gym to lift, but HATE hanging around. I am not a gym rat. I need fresh air! I have a ton to learn with Grokking in the gym, but will work toward that goal as well.

My nephew does CrossFit and demoed how he can jump up on a picnic table top. Coolest thing I ever saw. lol NOT in my future, but I was amazed at what he could train his body to do and how much fun he was having doing it! One more paradigm shift I am willing to learn, eventually.

I am here to listen...learn from all of you...and pass the word on. As a Certified Nutritional Consultant, I work with an Integrative M.D. whose ear I have on this. I bought her a copy of "The Primal Blueprint" for Christmas and am challenging her to do it with me. How cool is that?

Each of you inspire me so much. Thank you Mark (especially) for getting this going! In due season, I know I'll make it.

Since I am not as computer savvy as some of you youngin's, maybe someone could help me in uploading a picture? I went to my file and tried but the site wouldn't accept it (and it was a small one!)

Grok On!

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Welcome from another of granny age (but no kids). I have not long started this, came over from an Atkins lifestyle, and it is great. Finding I was gluten intolerant and giving up breads and grains was the best thing I ever did for my body, too. Look forward to sharing your journey with you.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Grok Granny is offline Junior Member
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I did well "for a season" simply eating gluten and casein-free but then everything seemed to go "WHOA!" in me. My recent food sensitivity panel PROVES I don't digest ANY grains or legumes well. Hmmm. I re-did the food sensitivity test once I read The Primal Blueprint and needless to say, I wasn't surprised by the results! You are doing great...congrats. It will be fun to share with others along the way Thanks again!