Thread: Primal Shoes for restaurant work? page

EvanS is offline Junior Member

Primal Shoes for restaurant work?

I was first turned on to the idea of "minimalist shoes" such as Vibrams through Marks Daily Apple, and I have a pair of KSO Trek's that I love very dearly. They've given the ground back to me and made walking SSSOOO much more enjoyable than I thought it could be.

One problem I have however is that I work at Starbucks(which isn't a problem per se ;P ), and Vibrams really don't work in that environment. About a month or two after I switched to them, my work shoes began to pain me dearly, and I had to switch through several different pairs before I found something that worked. And they only worked because I ripped out ALL the padding till I had only a thin layer of rubber between my feet & the floor. Now those are starting to go & I am at a crossroads.

Most of the minimalist shoes that might work for Starbucks are all terribly expensive(Terra Plana) & I'm hesitant to throw down cash until I have explored as many options as I can.

The requirements for shoes at Sbux are:
    -Must be waterproof.
    -Must be grippy.
    -Brown or Black for colour preference.

If anybody can throw any suggestions my way, my feet would be eternally thankful.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i picked up a pair of these recently. they are black, waterproof, i've noticed great traction, and they've got no support or padding on the bottom with a wide toe. they are replacing my vibrams at work, and all winter.

Simon is offline Senior Member

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Not cheap, but these would likely work great. http://shop.truelinkswear.com/produc...ur-black-black
    I've tried them on and the toe box is huge, loads of room to spread your toes and fully waterproof.
    Last edited by slowcooker; 12-22-2010 at 07:54 AM.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Chuck Taylor All Stars. Classic black.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.