Thread: Can anyone help a Primal doggy? page

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member

Can anyone help a Primal doggy?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Please read THIS. Max is my dear friend Steve's dog.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    I feel sorry for your friend, it's horrible to watch a loved one (my pet's are no different to me than other members of my family) like this.
    I can't offer any advice on treatment I'm afraid, but personally I think knowing when to say goodbye and let them go peacefully and painlessley rather than extending their suffering or lack of quality of life because we don't want to put them down is the biggest thing for me.

I watched my grandmother die slowly over the period of 5 years or so after a massive stroke (after which the docs said she wouldn't last more than 48hrs). She was simply to fit and strong for it to kill her, and over the first year made quite a good recovery, but her life was pretty miserable for years afterwards as she had lost the ability to walk, or even go to the toilet by herself. She was an extremely active women in her 90's right up to that stroke, and it was heart breaking to watch, mainly because I knew that she hated what had happened to her.

If I could have done anything to help stop her suffering, when we all knew that it was just a slow decline to the end, I would have done it for her, but euthanasia isn't legal for people. I certainly won't let any of my dogs suffer like that.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    I feel sorry for your friend, it's horrible to watch a loved one (my pet's are no different to me than other members of my family) like this.
    I can't offer any advice on treatment I'm afraid, but personally I think knowing when to say goodbye and let them go peacefully and painlessley rather than extending their suffering or lack of quality of life because we don't want to put them down is the biggest thing for me.
    What Misabi said.

When a person is going through prolonged medical treatments, at least they understand why they are in pain, what is happening and that there will be an end to it eventually. And hopefully they get to make their own informed choice about how much suffering is "worth it". A dog doesn't understand anything but PAIN NOW. And because they don't think in past/present/future, PAIN NOW=PAIN ALWAYS in their reality.

If you have ever read my journal, you know how I feel about my Wolf Cub. He is my best friend, love of my life, and my baby all wrapped into one. If he were sick, putting him down would be the hardest thing in the world for me but I would do it for him because I love him.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Max has now been put to sleep.

Canarygirl is offline Senior Member
    Aaaw. So sad.
    I'm a quitter...but I'm back now.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Sorry to hear that, it's a heart breaker to say goodbye, but if he was suffering with no recovery in sight it's for the best.

My dad's never go gotten over gavin mg to take or old dog to be put down, still loves dogs but would never get another one as he never wants to go through it again. He just makes do of every dog he meets now, so sad.

Paleobird Guest
    May Max rest in peace.

And may Steve, after as long a period of mourning as he needs, find a wonderful new puppy at the animal shelter and may they live many happy and healthy years together.