Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint as a Gift page

jostle is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint as a Gift

Anybody giving the book as gifts?
    You feel any apprehension of giving a health book as a gift?

This year, I decided to give all my family members with family the book. I know my brothers will take to the idea. To help take some of the attention off the book, I was thinking of giving it with say 20lbs of grass fed beef or some kitchen appliance like a food processor or something.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by jostle; 12-28-2010 at 03:38 PM. Reason: CMA

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    I see what you mean... and I'm not sure adding the beef really helps the awkwardness of 'Here, eat what I say you should!'

How to make it more of a gift and less of a lesson? Um... give the recipe book instead? Make some Primal treats and give those rather than raw ingredients?

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    I am giving my mom the Cookbook, there is some apprehension but if nothing else it would provide some new recipes.
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I would give it if someone expressed an interested in reading it. I would not give it as a general gift to everyone I know...seems rude (see Hilary's comment above). The recipe book might be a good compromise...I mean, that's just a great cookbook!
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

jostle is offline Senior Member
    My siblings have expressed interest in the lifestyle. I already have the books, so I'm giving them the books either by just leaving it at their homes on accident or as a gift. The thing I don't like is seeing my nieces and nephews go through some of the same issues I experienced as a kid, knowing they may have a way to avoid or subdue the issues by a change in diet.
    Last edited by jostle; 12-28-2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: CMA

aktres is offline Senior Member
    That sounds right, just give it to the brothers then, if they seem interested. It doesn't sound like the wives would be happy with you if you addressed it to them.

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    I think it is a great idea - it shows concern for their health and a possible solution at the same time. You could call it the gift of life . . .
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

slacker is offline Senior Member
    I've given it as a gift. One friend I gave it to has lost 30 lbs and says it has changed his life. But, he was ready to make a change. I'll give it to other friends who sound receptive. There are friends I WISH would take it, even as a loan, but won't.

As my friend Craig says, "You can pick your friends. And you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    I'm giving a copy to my dad, who is an intellectual reader but not a nutrition geek at all. He responded amazingly well to last year's gift (given with great trepidation) of GCBC, but commented recently that he can't get his wife to read Taubes. I'm hoping she might be interested in the more user-friendly Primal Blueprint.

Meanwhile, my dad is now making pro-paleo comments on Facebook, and asked me to write a paleo basics article for his rotary club newsletter. Who knew?
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I got a copy of it for my mom for her birthday and it was well-received. She's actually going to buy it as a Christmas gift for her boss...
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast