Thread: Seasonal Flu page

jelotr is offline Junior Member

Seasonal Flu

Primal Fuel
    I have just had my daughter, who has been living wiith me for the last few months, complaining that she has had the seasonal flu for the last few weeks and I have not even had a sniffle. When I said that it was down to the PB lifestyle she scoffed and replied that now I am being ridiculous.

It does appear rather strange, as usually I am very prone to the seasonal viruses going round, especially when I am weight training heavy which I am at the moment.

Has anyone else notciced that appear to be more resistant to these things?
    Last edited by jelotr; 12-19-2010 at 09:19 AM.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    It's not ridiculous- when you eat well your immune system is stronger. It's common sense. I went on holiday to the U.S recently and ate crap for a week, when I got home I got the cold for the first time in two years.

jelotr is offline Junior Member
    StoneAgeQueen, you have to remmeber she is 18 and knows way more than me LOL!

She is still sniffling and I am going strong. I have just taken her to her moms, who has the same flu??? She says its because she works too hard and I just sit about all day at my desk. We never did agree, but these days I don'thave to try and win the arguement with her

Balance is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I used to have allergies half the year for most of my life. I would always sniffle, sneeze and cough. Being strict paleo for a year pretty much took care of that. I haven't been sick or shown signs of allergies all year and intend to keep it going. Some of my relatives and people at work think I am crazy to think that my diet/paleo lifestyle was the thing that changed my allergies. I don't understand why its so hard to believe that eating the proper diet, not overdoing cardio, and getting a good amount of sleep can keep you healthy. Oh well, they can continue to get sick and take cold/flu medicine I guess.

My fiance is a pediatric nurse and comes home with tons of germs all the time. She gets colds every now and then and always warns me that I am going to get sick also, but I never do. She is trying to convince me to take a H1N1 flu shot but I refuse to do it. I am going to stay low tech and let my immune system protect me.