Thread: Seasonal Flu

Seasonal Flu

Shop Now
    I have just had my daughter, who has been living wiith me for the last few months, complaining that she has had the seasonal flu for the last few weeks and I have not even had a sniffle. When I said that it was down to the PB lifestyle she scoffed and replied that now I am being ridiculous.

It does appear rather strange, as usually I am very prone to the seasonal viruses going round, especially when I am weight training heavy which I am at the moment.

Has anyone else notciced that appear to be more resistant to these things?
    Last edited by jelotr; 12-19-2010 at 09:19 AM.

It's not ridiculous- when you eat well your immune system is stronger. It's common sense. I went on holiday to the U.S recently and ate crap for a week, when I got home I got the cold for the first time in two years.

StoneAgeQueen, you have to remmeber she is 18 and knows way more than me LOL!

She is still sniffling and I am going strong. I have just taken her to her moms, who has the same flu??? She says its because she works too hard and I just sit about all day at my desk. We never did agree, but these days I don'thave to try and win the arguement with her

Shop Now
    I used to have allergies half the year for most of my life. I would always sniffle, sneeze and cough. Being strict paleo for a year pretty much took care of that. I haven't been sick or shown signs of allergies all year and intend to keep it going. Some of my relatives and people at work think I am crazy to think that my diet/paleo lifestyle was the thing that changed my allergies. I don't understand why its so hard to believe that eating the proper diet, not overdoing cardio, and getting a good amount of sleep can keep you healthy. Oh well, they can continue to get sick and take cold/flu medicine I guess.

My fiance is a pediatric nurse and comes home with tons of germs all the time. She gets colds every now and then and always warns me that I am going to get sick also, but I never do. She is trying to convince me to take a H1N1 flu shot but I refuse to do it. I am going to stay low tech and let my immune system protect me.