Thread: Indoor Moving Slowly and a Mini Trampoline... page

FairyRae is offline Senior Member

Indoor Moving Slowly and a Mini Trampoline...

Primal Fuel
    I'm ok with sprinting in the snow. And can happily do all of my LHT workouts from inside my little apt (I've got a pullup bar and my bodyweight and that's all I need for now. ) It's REALLY cold and snowy here though, and we live on a pretty busy street w/ no sidewalks, and getting out for actual walks is just really tough/not happening.

Inside I have a mini trampoline for my 3yo (he jumps and plays on it). Would rebounding exercises count as moving slowly stuff? (Any recommended moves?) I also do vinyasa flow yoga as part of my moving slowly, but am looking for more that can be done in a little apt. We do lots of chase games up and down the hall (thank goodness we've got one long hallway!) but other than that...I do feel like I'm missing out on a crucial aspect of PBF.

Also, are there any ways to do sprints on a mini tramp or indoors w/ no other equip? (So far I can think of jumping rope and jumping jacks to replace sprints...)

TIA for any ideas!!!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

betty74 is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if it counts, but I have been using my mini trampoline a lot. It is supposed to be good for the lymph system too or something like that. lol

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    As I understand it, moving slowly is about staying active. The thing you really want to avoid is sitting for long periods. Sitting for very long is terrible. If you are actively parenting a 3 year old, you are staying active. Don't get technical about what counts as moving slowly X number of hours per week.

On the other hand, if your body is telling you it wants to MOVE, listen to it an try to think of ways to get more action. Dancing is great.

Sprints - I follow the Sprint 8 approach. A couple times a week I do something fast enough for 30 seconds to get out of breath, recover, and do that 7 more times. If you have room for a stationary bike, that would work. A tramp would work for me. Currently, I do it in the water. If you can do it more than two or three times a week, you are not doing it hard enough.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Thanks guys. I am really active, and do a lot of following my body. I find I crave movement, and the more healthy I get, the more I want to (and do) workout, do yoga, chase my boy, do random push ups, handstands, work on my pullups (which I've *just* started being able to do--yay! ) etc. Just felt like I was missing out not doing tons of walking. (I think I miss my summer/fall walks--I need to look into snow shoes for me and my kiddo.) Betty, I've read other good stuff about rebounding too. I'll need to utilize the trampoline more with my son, who loves when I play on it with him--good for both of us.

I'm also excited to try the sprint 8 approach with things I can do indoors!! Thanks for the tip on making sure I'm doing it hard enough!!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

betty74 is offline Senior Member
    I actually have two mini trampolines. My son and I bounced and goofed off together tonight. It was fun. He is 12 and starting to be "cool" so it was fun to "play" with him tonight. (:

periquin is offline Senior Member
    I have a small trampoline that I have used for years. It is a forgiving apparatus that doesn't bother my damaged knees very much. It was especially important when my knees were still healing. They are still bad, just better. Anyway, I run in place, jump rope, bounce, and move in whatever way seems fair at the time. It is a fill in thing for days when I have problems and some pain due to recent stress on my legs.

I heard long ago that bouncing was good for the lymph system. Same as proponents of whole body vibration claim about their equipment today. I don't know what it does for the lymph system. Maybe researching that will be a project this week.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    I find I get more out of breath more quickly if I throw a tantrum on the trampoline.

Erm, to explain... keeping the upper body approximately still, and jumping only by flexing the legs and stomping down hard. It's also a handy approach if you have low ceilings .

Ooo--I have quite low ceilings--will have to have a tantrum soon!
    My Before/After Pics