Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone doing PB without exercise? page

Barb W is offline Junior Member

Cool Is anyone doing PB without exercise?

Shop Now
    I am not able to exercise at this point due to knee and foot injuries but I've been 80-20 for the last month. Progress is slow--12 lbs--but steady.

Is anyone else doing PB w/o exercise? I'd be interested in your results.

Have a great Primal day, everyone!

Barb

Isfahel is offline Senior Member
    I'm not really exercising, though I wish I was. I use the excuse that I have three children 4 and under, so chasing them gives me some exercise. I've still lost about 30 post pregnancy pounds quickly and easily eating primal. This has helped me be able to do 3 pullups Having a pullup bar in the living room makes doing that easy, but other exercising has been hard, especially since winter has set in.

Barb W is offline Junior Member
    I'd be exhausted if I had 3 kids under the age of 4--WOW! And your baby is beautiful! Nice job on the post-pregnancy loss. Are you very strick w/ yourself?

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Knee and foot? So you can still do pullups, right?

Every bit counts! Definitely don't stress the foot, but you can always lift hand weights and do other arm exercises.

elwyne is offline Senior Member
    I've cut out my regular exercise - paddling & cycling - due to a shoulder injury, but I've been walking more & doing some lower body workouts. A leg/foot injury is much more limiting but I would still do upper body workouts as much as possible.

On the plus side I have not gained back any weight, even with the severe reduction in activity.

strom is offline Senior Member
    You can also do less calories as well since you don't need as much when not exercising.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    There's still a lot you can do. Besides upper body, there's a whole world of core work you can do. There are people on this board with severe scoliosis, people who weigh 400 pounds, people who used to be in wheelchairs who are still managing to find a way to exercise and do what they can, how they can. I know I am a hardass about this (it is nothing personal, Barb), but people with perfectly functional bodies who are not taking advantage of such a GIFT really sticks in my craw.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Oddball is offline Junior Member
    I also cannot use my right leg much due to injuries, so I am pretty much in the same boat. I do doorway push ups, crunches, and lift weights a couple times a week. My results have been pretty amazing so far considering the fact that I cant really do all that much. I have lost a bit over 20 lbs, and dropped 4 inches in my pants. Don't get discouraged, find ways to work within your limitations, and don't give in. I would be happy to talk to you about what has been working for me. Drop me a line.

kcult is offline Senior Member
    I don't exercise because I'm that lazy. I do have an underlying fear of the pain associated with it, but mostly lazy. The pain I'm referring to is the sharp stabbing pain I get in both shoulders after a few weeks. I can't attribute it to age because when I was 18 and hitting the gym after work, I developed the pain. More recently, at 40 years old, I decided to give the 100 hundred pushup challenge a try. After about 3 weeks, the pain was so intense, I would literally have to use both arms together to reach back and grab the soap when showering. So, I'm skeered.

I walk on my job, but it's not an elevated heart rate kind of walk, but a get from one place to the next kind. Then I sit for an hour or two and walk somewhere else. I don't walk at home or ride a bike, I just hang out.

I started in May @ 175 lbs and lost 20 lbs by August. I lost 5 more in September and now hover around the 150 peg. I've dipped into the 140s, but only for a day or two. Also, my BP and heart rate are down, my HDL is up and my TRGs are down. My skin feels nice, my hair grows too fast and my pee stinks.

StillWild is offline Member
    I started PB around 7-8 months ago and I don't do any sort of formal excercise day in day out, partly due to time constraints and partly because my paycheck can't keep up with buying new clothes all the time. Weight loss has been slow but consistent. I started at 185 and I'm at 159 now. I have a "desk job" but I try to get a mile and a half walk in everyday (won't happen today since it's icy) but my boyfriend and I also have a 90 year old house to fix up and so I count that as sporadic exercise (hammering, painting, etc.). For now, I'm okay with it, but at some point I want to start some bodyweight exercises...maybe after our woodstove is working and the house is actually toasty warm again. :P
    Also, it was mentioned that calorie restriction might be an option. I haven't personally found calories to matter. Some days I'm around 1400 others 2200. It varies.
    I think regardless of whether you lose weight quickly or not you'll be healthier. You can always add in exercise later as you feel more able.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast