Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Makeup page 2

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Kuno, how do you use your CO? I've started using it on my face, but it doesn't really *help* to control spots, it just makes my skin less dry (which always happened with Proactiv) and makes it a little softer. Lately, I'll moisten my face, rub it in and leave it in for a minute or two, then rinse and wipe. (And no lotion afterward, who knew!) Is this what you do?

With the EVOO routine, they suggest heating a washcloth and leaving it on your face so dirt is drawn out. Seems kind of like a pain in the butt to me...

Jess, I do that with the Castor Oil and EVOO. I massage it on my face and then use the hot steam from a large washcloth/ small towel to wipe the excess off. It does wonders for clearing out my pores.

I'm not acne free yet, but my occurences are MUCH less the more I do it (which is about 2 - 3x/ week).

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Sassa, do you cleanse your face on the other days? Do you think it's necessary to have a hot steamy washcloth, or do you think it's sufficient to just let it soak in?

pandapuffs Guest

I actually won a ton of Korres stuff recently, so I've been using it. I like the few things I've tried so far, though I agree that their ingredient lists aren't always as impressive as I'd like. I will say all their products smell really nice but aren't overpowering. My bf loves it when I use the guava lotion I did buy their cover-up a while back but hated it.

If you want to research their ingredients, I recommend this site:

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/index.php?nothanks=1

They have some Korres products on there, and they range from great ratings to terrible, so it's a toss-up. You can research ingredients if the actual product isn't there.

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member

after dumping all cosmetics my annoying deep chin spots have cleared completely. havent had one for about a year. i wash my face with water. and i dont apply anything at all on it. no problem winter or summer.

challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

@Jess:

When I get out of the shower, I towel off, then apply the CO to my entire body and face (while my hair is still pinned up so it doesn't get greasy).

I usually then get dressed; by the time I go back in to put make-up on, most of the CO on my face has already absorbed into the skin. I just wipe lightly with a dry towel to be sure, then put on the "war paint".

Hope this helps ;-)

pauleygirl Guest

Sorry, new to this post. So, is the Caster Oil to help with the overall condition of the skin or for softness.

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

@ Pauleygirl & Jess: Castor Oil is more of a 'toxicity' cleanse product when applied topically. It binds to the oils in your pores (the dirt-filled ones AND the normal/ clean ones) and helps to pull/ extract all the oil out, so a hot washcloth or steam bath will help to soften the pores & the oil for easier extraction, as well as to help expel the stuff 'outward'. Castor oil does help with softness too.

The mixture should be 1 part Castor Oil and 2 - 3 parts 'carrier' oil, such as Almond Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, etc, since the Castor Oil is pretty darn thick and sticky.

I do cleanse with normal cleanser in between days, although I'm not sure that it's really that necessary now that I do oil-cleansing.

I know I've shouted this before, but I can't help but telling you what a GOD-SEND this method has been!!!! I am, as of right now, completely blemish and blocked-pore free!!!

I even had wonderful results in clearing the pores on my upper arms by following the same Castor oil-cleansing method!

klcarbaugh Guest

I use coconut oil on my face and my acne is much better than before (eating paleo helps too). I take a shower and when I towel off, I don't blot my face. By the time I get all my shower stuff out of the bathroom and I'm back to my room, my face is still moist and that is when I apply a teeny tiny amount of coconut oil and spread it around (get neck and chest too, sometimes my entire body). It might look shiny for a minute or so, but by the time I am dressed it is no longer greasy. Seems like this kind of mimics the skin's natural process because I (unnaturally) wash a lot of it off with soap in the shower, therefore I am just replacing that little bit that was stripped.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12