Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any pure sprinters out there? page

Bolivar is offline Senior Member

Any pure sprinters out there?

Primal Fuel
    Recently, I've been enjoying one 'heavy lifting' session a week rather than 2 or 3 a week. Does anyone out there focus on the sprinting rather than the lifting? When I have done sprinting, I have found that body fat is melted off in places, which is why it interestes me so much.

But I find my legs are too fatigued from 2x weight training a week, hence my knocking down to one session a week.

Pure sprinters : how do you find your body composition and overall health?

RezH is offline Senior Member
    If you only do two weight sessions per week, only one session should be for legs. That should allow you to recover in time for an off day sprint.

Sprinting is essential. I miss doing it in the winter (outdoor). Using a treadmill sucks, and I don't much like using a stationary bike either.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RezH View Post
    If you only do two weight sessions per week, only one session should be for legs. That should allow you to recover in time for an off day sprint.

Sprinting is essential. I miss doing it in the winter (outdoor). Using a treadmill sucks, and I don't much like using a stationary bike either.
    You mean you miss doing it because it's winter and you're not or you miss sprinting DURING the cold winter months? I'm not sure if sprinting helped me bust through my plateau cus I was doing them alongside whole30 so yeah, too many variables at work to tell which one "did it". Sprinting though, is downright awesome, but I do have to will myself to get out there now that the cold is biting.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    You;d be fine doing 1x a week strength and 2x a week sprinting. Try to do a day of hill sprints.

You could also work in upper body movements on the flat sprint days... like sprint 100 meters, 20 pushups, walk back, sprint 100 meters, 10 pullups (or resistance band rows if no pullup are available), walk back, repeat 10x.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I get a lot more fatigued with my sprinting than I do with my lifting, I basically had to stop the sprinting in order to be able to lift 3x week. What are you lifting, and how much are you sprinting?

RezH is offline Senior Member
    Are you saying your one sprint session is so taxing that you cannot lift weights for 2-3 days afterwards? That is hard to believe, especially for upper body work. Sprint sessions should only last for 10 minutes total, 15-30 second sprints mixed with rest. My legs were sore for the first few sessions is all. Your body should adapt unless you are seriously deconditioned.

Nik
    Nik is offline Member
    Somebody give me advice......I am scared to sprint! I start going to do it, and then I just don't go all out! I don't know what it is.....sometimes I think I might trip and fall. Has anyone else felt like this......I have been Primal 2 months, and have yet to truly sprint......I think maybe i'm also scared to get my heartrate up so high.

elwyne is offline Senior Member
    Nik, if you are afraid of falling use a stationary bike. If you fear maxing your heart rate... get over it. Just try it once, for one second, going all out. It is exhilirating and you will love it.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Run in a field, falling on grass doesn't really hurt and you shouldn't live in fear. If you fall, get up, it'll only sting a little.

Nik
    Nik is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes, I know it's stupid that I am being so afraid of it. I don't have a stationary bike or anything like that. I was running fast outside before we got snow, but I did feel like I could go faster. As an aside....I have made a ton of progress, and have lost 25 lbs, and have noticed a lot of muscle developement from all the lifting!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast