Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any pure sprinters out there? page 2

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Speaking of sprints in winter, I do the occasional 100 meter dash while I'm walking to the store or something, but at this time of year it's well below -20 C every day so I wear a muffler. On one hand, it's hard to take in enough air through the thick material while sprinting. On the other hand, I don't know if deep, rapid breathing of air that cold is such a good idea.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

bilgeh2o is offline Junior Member
    I live in Anchorage. When it gets below 10 I wear a thin balaclava that covers my mouth. I use it cross country skiing and sprinting. Easy to breathe through and no cold air/lung issues. Without it I end up with a cough. I sprint on the street I live on. It is snow covered and icy. Usually use Nike Frees but if really icy I use Ice Bug running shoes which have snow tire studs imbedded in the soles. Feels like you are zippered to the ground.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgeh2o View Post
    I live in Anchorage. When it gets below 10 I wear a thin balaclava that covers my mouth. I use it cross country skiing and sprinting. Easy to breathe through and no cold air/lung issues. Without it I end up with a cough. I sprint on the street I live on. It is snow covered and icy. Usually use Nike Frees but if really icy I use Ice Bug running shoes which have snow tire studs imbedded in the soles. Feels like you are zippered to the ground.
    I applaud your cold-sprinting efforts. One of my goals for the next few months is to not go more than two weeks without going outside for a sprint no matter how cold it gets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12