Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coconut Cream/Milk, Heavy Cream...etc...etc...etc page

Primal2010 is offline Member

Question Coconut Cream/Milk, Heavy Cream...etc...etc...etc

Shop Now
    I've been surfing the web on different types of heavy cream, coconut milk, coconut cream and being that there are a ton of choices. I wonder which brands are the best? If possibly I could get some enlightenment on specific brands of these products that tend to be overall better. I guess also a possible short explanation on why it's better. Thanks!

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I've tried several brands of coconut milk and Thai Kitchen is among the best I've tried. Try to find a local farm for heavy cream. Way better tasting than supermarket stuff.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I've tried many different varieties, and I can't really tell much of a difference between them. Consistency is all over the map, even between cans by the same manufacturer. Some are very liquid, others are completely solid.

I understand that Native Forest is the only one with BPA in the can lining, but agree with whoever commented that there could well be risks on whatever alternative they've ended up using!

The other thing I check is ingredients--I only buy cans that contain just coconut and guar gum. Some contain all kinds of other things that I don't recognize!
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    I really like Native Forest.

ProtoAlex is offline Senior Member
    For store bought cream I buy Organic Valley's Heavy Whipping Cream. As for coconut milk I buy the "A Taste of Thai" brand because they state gluten-free which while it might not be necessary to state on something like a can of coconut milk, I prefer to support any manufacturer that supports gluten-free labeling.

Edit: FYI: take the cans of coconut milk, place them in the fridge overnight and then enjoy them as a nice refreshing 600 calorie snack =). The solids in the can that separate are better than icecream!
    Last edited by ProtoAlex; 12-16-2010 at 11:19 AM.

grokka is offline Senior Member
    I buy natural by nature grassfed cream. It may not be available in your area though. I get raw dairy when I can.

another vote for native forest.

benjito is offline Junior Member
    Hi,
    I'm using a lot of cream and yogurt and kefir, in fact I've been making yogurt cream and kefir cream, would anyone care to comment on issues with carbs in dairy? I'm hoping the fermentation gets rid of most of the lactose.

Thanks,
    Ben

Primal2010 is offline Member
    All great replies! I bought some Thai Kitchen Organic coconut milk online so I'm glad I chose that! But yeah I'm probably going to make a list! Just so I know what to look for. Thanks again everyone and keep the responses coming!

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    I also prefer Thai Kitchen, I find it to be much richer than Taste of Thai and a good price compared to Native Forest typically.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Rusa is offline Member
    Try to find cream that isn't ultrapasteurized, just regular pasteurized. It tastes far better, and whips up better, and doesn't have any gums/additives in it, whereas ultrapasteurized often does. Grassfed is a plus.
    Rusa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast