Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: People don't care, why is it hard to get the message across? page 3

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I used to give a damn. Now I don't. I work in a bakery and have a great time making things. Won't eat any of them, of course.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    ever watch that show, "semi-homemade?" she takes canned or boxed foods and dresses them up with real food.
    ugh.
    since when is something made with cream of mushroom soup even remotely homemade?
    Sandra Lee is disgusting and annoying!

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member
    Think about how many wrong miracles people have been pitched about food and exercise.

Just because eating real food and exercising moderately is an obvious miracle doesn't mean that when someone pitches it the BS shield doesn't come up!

Talk softly and carry a big stick.

(And Primal is easy for some--not for others. I'm certainly better off for giving it a shot, but it ain't easy and it ain't a miracle--not in a world of pizza and eating disorders.)

doghug is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I noticed that people I talk to will only listen if they have some sort of auto-immune disease they are trying to get rid of or if they are wanting to use primal/paleo to lose weight. But if they don't have any auto immune issues and are relatively fit, then they don't really care to hear it. Most people actually just laugh at me and tell me that my heart is a ticking time bomb.
    +1
    " If you truly love nature you will find beauty everywhere"

- Vincent Van Gogh

Primal Since January 2011

Paleo Goth is offline Member
    Maybe you could invite them over for movie night and put on "Fat Head" and some snacks to nosh on, like unbreadedhot wings with blue cheese dip. You could also mention that the usual "diet plate" for a much slimmer pre-1980s (and pre-low fat/healthy grains craze) uniformly consisted of a bunless hamburger patty, cottage cheese, a few tomatoes, and diet soda. Tom Naughton's article on the diet plate of yore here: http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2013/06/25/the-diet-meal-in-1976/

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Honestly, if you are giving out unsolicited health advice anything less than a kick in the balls is a win. Because the kick in the crotch is what that kind of behavior calls for.
    (Especially after four months as the OP is claimed, good grief.)
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

EmmaM is offline Member
    I don't say anything about being primal either, unless people ask. Just not worth it. I called my journal on this forum 'Quietly Primal' for that reason. I'd love to get my parents on board but the response I got when I merely asked my mother to read some books about the evils of sugar and benefits of good fat really deterred me.
    What has been a bit frustrating is when people ask for info, so I send them links to MDA and so on, but they pay it absolutely no heed, yet still complain about how hard it is to look and feel good. Gah!

dirk41 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleo Goth View Post
    Maybe you could invite them over for movie night and put on "Fat Head" and some snacks to nosh on, like unbreadedhot wings with blue cheese dip. You could also mention that the usual "diet plate" for a much slimmer pre-1980s (and pre-low fat/healthy grains craze) uniformly consisted of a bunless hamburger patty, cottage cheese, a few tomatoes, and diet soda. Tom Naughton's article on the diet plate of yore here: http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2013/06/25/the-diet-meal-in-1976/
    If I had trouble clicking your link (here is working one I hope: Fat Head » The ‘Diet’ Meal in 1976), but that's very cool. In a similar vein, check out this timeline of heart disease: Illustrated History of Heart Disease 1825-2015 | Diet Heart Publishing.

People knew that breads/starches were fattening, and then modern science/nutrition told us otherwise.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Wow, zombie thread...
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    More bacon & eggs for the rest of us............

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast