Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: People don't care, why is it hard to get the message across? page 2

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I stopped discussing it last year. I will only talk about it if prodded, then I lead with no grains, no sugar, no legumes. If asked then what do you eat? I say meat, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds in that order. Nothing processed and nothing with chemicals in it. I have to laugh when people sasy that it sounds tough. It gets real interesting when I tell them to only exercise a couple hours a week.
    Last edited by MightyAl; 12-16-2010 at 12:01 PM.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Realize that you are planting seeds.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

grokka is offline Senior Member
    I have stopped bringing it up. It's just not worth it. But if someone asks, I will talk for hours!

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by erikJ View Post
    I used to love the food network and Food channel. Now I cant stand how every dish has, flour, potatoes, sugar, etc.
    ever watch that show, "semi-homemade?" she takes canned or boxed foods and dresses them up with real food.
    ugh.
    since when is something made with cream of mushroom soup even remotely homemade?

Flexi is offline Member
    stop preaching! If people are genuinely interested, they will ask serious questions, every one else is just making small talk!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaReina View Post
    C2H5OH hit the nail on the head. People want what's easy and convenient because there's essentially no real (to them, anyway) price to doing it their way. Getting fat? Oh, it's the natural order of things. Maybe when it gets to be so bad that it's actually acutely threatening I can get insurance to pay for lipo or something. Diabetes? I'll just take the insulin, thanks. People want health, but on their terms, which translates to not really wanting health as much as they want a convenient life.

I'm going home this christmas, and I'm planning to have a talk with both my parents about primal living. It'll be interesting how they respond to it.
    What is so frustrating is that Primal IS easy. But how to get that across.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Not yet 50and I remember when people could smoke anywhere from a hospital ward to an airplane. What a different world. It took time but it happened w/ tobacco and I have faith CW will go the same way. This elevator is still on the ground floor.

peril is offline Senior Member
    People respond to information about inflammation so I describe my diet as antiinflammatory. Makes it easier to talk about classes of inflammatory foods, like grains, vegetable oils, dairy and nightshades
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

aktres is offline Senior Member
    I converted two friends, a couple. We went to brunch and I couldn't shut up about PB and GCBC. We stopped by the Strand and found the PB on discount, and my friend started reading while we walked home. They both went for it totally. They keep inviting me over for pork carnitas. The one who wanted to lose weight has lost some, and the one who wanted to improve health says he no longer has joint pain. They are hooked.

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Change is scary. Most people will not change unless they see a HUGE advantage.

Having said that, most people are more than happy to let someone else go first. If you can show them your huge advantage, they may just follow.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast