Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intermittent fasting and...digestion page

Sonnenblume is offline Senior Member

Intermittent fasting and...digestion

Okay, this question is pretty embarassing but maybe someone can give good advice that outweights the shame I am putting on myself...Usually I have to use the bathroom right after breakfast. That means no breakfast no bathroom, a feeling of fullness and no guarantee that digestion will be at work after having eaten several hours later than I usually do. Does anyone know a "recipe" to have things going independend of food as a "trigger"? Drinking black coffee or warm water does not work

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    I've just discovered ume plum concentrate (thanks to advice from this forum). It is reputed to be an ancient digestive aid, and sure enough, it seems to be helping with my bloating issues. Perhaps it would help with your "issue" as well?

Also, you might try a 10 minute walk or light jog in the morning to see if that gets things moving.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Primalvore is offline Senior Member
    Hi Sonneblume,

If you can't get your hands on the Ume Plum Concentrate (which I'm checking out right now - that stuff looks awesome - thanks BarbeyGirl!) here is a recipe for an Anti-Constipation Paste.

http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.c...ion_paste1.htm

I don't really even know why I'm posting this here, because this stuff has a lot of sugar and carbs. I'm sure it could be modified to be more primal (ie- taking out the brown sugar), but I suffer from chronic severe constipation and this has helped me before.

You could also drink Senna Leaf Tea, which you can get at any Health Food store or speciality grocery store, like Whole Foods. Warning - it tastes like ass. Forreal. I use it occasionally and make it in a small teacup and then just drink it down in a couple gulps. I feel like I deserve a medal afterwards hahaha.

Hope you remedy your situation!
    Last edited by Primalvore; 12-16-2010 at 09:43 AM.

"The Way We Do Anything Is the Way We Do Everything"
    ~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry
    My Leangains/Primal Lifestyle Challenge to begin 2/7/11!
    Check out the Blog for Daily Progress

lolov is offline Senior Member
    Maybe your body is just doing what it needs to do? Are you in pain or physical discomfort or is it just a psychological thing (ie. "Hrm.. I always poop after breakfast, but since I didn't eat breakfast, I'm not pooping and that weirds me out.")??

I think if you're not in pain or physical discomfort, your body will do what it needs to do when it needs to do it. Why is it so important to poop on schedule?

This of course, from a random pooper... no rhyme or reason to it in my life :shrug:

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Some say water & lemon juice does the trick... also, try squats as well as that walk .

You could just eat breakfast and skip lunch.

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    Some people also find that some coconut oil taken straight helps. Physical activity that involves the abdominal muscles will probably help, and you could try massaging your large intestine with your fist. Start at the bottom of the right side of your abdomen (just above the pelvic bone), move it slowly up to the bottom of the ribcage, traverse to the left side, then back down. Keep the movements slow and deliberate, and either use oil or have some cloth between hand and stomach, so that it glides. Oh, and do this lying down on your back.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalvore View Post
    If you can't get your hands on the Ume Plum Concentrate (which I'm checking out right now - that stuff looks awesome - thanks BarbeyGirl!)
    Hope it's helpful to you! I got a good deal on the Eden brand through Amazon. It's quite tasty, too, mixed with hot water like the bottle says.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Sonnenblume is offline Senior Member
    Thank you! I am going to give everything a try - one after the other, of course, not at the same time! It is helpful to see that I am not the only one who is struggling with those issues!

slacker is offline Senior Member
    Vitamin C is good. Some advise that you should always be taking enough to keep things...uh...moving.

Kitty is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This never fails to work for me:

A couple mugs of Green tea [get some authentic Japanese tea] or peppermint tea - if you can get some fresh mint leaves to brew yourself all the better

failing that Prunes are very good

Hope it helps!

Kitty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast