Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re: Alzheimers page

Grizz is offline Banned

Re: Alzheimers

Shop Now
    "... Researchers have now made an important connection between vitamin D status and advancing degrees of cognitive impairment. Proper levels of the sunshine vitamin are critical to maintain optimal brain health, and the risk of cognitive decline is doubled in aging adults with the lowest circulating blood readings of vitamin D...."

"... It is a common misconception that loss of cognitive abilities is a normal part of the aging process. Fortunately a steady decline in one`s ability to learn, comprehend and develop and retain new memories is not inevitable and is well within our control. The results of a study published in the journal Neurology show that vitamin D intake is associated with a decreased incidence of cognitive impairment.

Vitamin D is shown to bond with neuronal receptors in the brain and prevents neurodegeneration. The vitamin is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that protects cellular damage that leads to brain cell death and loss of vital cognitive abilities. The study authors concluded: "our findings showed an association between vitamin D deficiency and global cognitive impairment. These results are congruent with fundamental research and add to the growing body of evidence in favor of the neurological action of vitamin D".
    Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/030719_vi...#ixzz18H0k6ajM

More on Vitamin D in my link below,
    Grizz

Bill_89 is offline Member
    This is good to hear. Alzheimer's absolutely tops my list of diseases I'd never want to develop. So sad (and scary). If you lose your memory, what else do you have?

I do recall reading a very concerning article in a psychology magazine once that a study linked increased animal protein intake to development of dementia in mice. It freaked me out. Has anybody heard anything about this?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Bill,

I haven't heard about this. It is important to understand that there are so many BS studies out there that are just not credible. I like to see multiple studies from reputable sources before I believe anything. In the case of Vitamin D3, there is a wealth of studies by extremely reputable sources. IMO, there is absolutely no doubt that Vitamin D3 does everything that I have discovered. My favorite expert opinion is from Cardiologist Wm Davis. I always consult with his blog before I trust anything that I read on the internet.
    http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/

What amazes me is that our own news media propaganda has everything CENSORED ! Even more amazing is that our own government is hiding the facts, and sponsoring outright LIES about Vitamin D3 ! That is why it is up to us, We The People, to help spread the word to everyone we know.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 12-16-2010 at 06:58 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    I have just discovered this important video about Alzheimers in its early stages being cured by coconut oil.

Our story; Alzheimers' and Coconut Oil: Ian Blair Hamilton and Cassie Bond - YouTube
    A man with Alzheimers + dementia was cured with 3 tablespoons of coconut oil per day. He & his wife recount their story. Something for us to keep in mind, and tell your friends about.

Also, Neurologist Dr. Kruse in Nashville prescribes 3+ tablespoons of coconut oil a day for his Leptin Reset Program, which converts a person from being a sugar burner into being a fat burner. So I'm taking 6 tablespoons a day already. I think I'll just keep taking it to prevent possible Alzheimers.
    MY LEPTIN PRESCRIPTION | Jack Kruse

Grizz

Vanessa120 is offline Senior Member
    Nutrition and Alzheimer's disease: The detrimental role of a high carbohydrate diet

Read this study. AD is very near to me, having a mother with early onset Lewy Body Disease. It's the granddaddy of neurological diseases, symptoms similar to AD and Parkinson's. Any research in Alzheimer's or Parkinson's can only further the research for LBD.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Vanessa,

I found a lot more on this subject. You are correct about the high carb diet, one of these links goes into it in detail. Just look at this:

Video:
    Our story; Alzheimers' and Coconut Oil: Ian Blair Hamilton and Cassie Bond - YouTube
    A man with early stage Alzheimers + dementia was cured with 3 tablespoons of coconut oil per day. He & his wife recount their story. Something your older friends & relatives may want to know about...

More on the coconut cure for Alzheimers + Dementia here:
    How to treat dementia and Alzheimer's with coconut oil - by Carol Flett
    Using coconut oil for Alzheimer's
    Can Ketone Bodies from Coconut Oil Cure or Prevent Alzheimer
    There are 53,000 hits on a google search, "alzheimer's coconut oil"

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Another great video: Doctor cures her husband of severe Alzheimers using Coconut Oil:
    Coconut Oil Touted as Alzheimer's Remedy - CBN TV - Video

His AZ was so bad that he could not draw the face of a clock!

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    AN ACTUAL RECOVERY FROM ALZHEIMERS !
    This is a miracle from giving up wheat, sugars & carbs !

My mother has last stage Alzhiemer’s, and I remain her primary caregiver. I am an avid fan of Dr. Oz and caught you on the program in October 2013. After seeing the episode, my father ran out and got your book.

On Monday October 21, it looked like my mother only had a few weeks left. Today, she is putting sentences together correctly, she looks great (her chinks are a rosy pink and not white), and she can not only recognize, but communicate via the telephone, and for the first time in eight months, she showered by herself. This all is just a short time of adapting the Grain Brain lifestyle.

Since then, we have all decided to subscribe to the Grain Brain lifestyle. Doctors here in Australia had virtually count my mum out and told us to begin planning for the end. However, in just this small amount of time, she has gone from incomprehensible and frantic to doing things for herself again. and forming in correct sentences. Most of all, I’m happy to say that we get more time with her and, best of all, she is HAPPY.

-Peta W.
    More testimonials here:
    Success Stories of Brain Health - Following the Grain Brain Diet

The Book, Grain Brain:
    Grain Brain Describes the Staggering Effects of Carbs on the Brain

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 11-28-2013 at 12:21 PM.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    AN ACTUAL RECOVERY FROM ALZHEIMERS !
    This is a miracle from giving up wheat, sugars & carbs !
    WOW. That's outstanding! Alzheimer's scares the heck out of me -- AD runs on one side of the family and dementia on the other, so I feel like I've got a big ol' bullseye on me. Grizz, how do you take your three Ts of daily coconut oil? I use about 1 T to scramble my eggs every morning, but that tends to be it. Do you eat it straight?
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Aili is offline Senior Member

oilUse MCT

Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    WOW. That's outstanding! Alzheimer's scares the heck out of me -- AD runs on one side of the family and dementia on the other, so I feel like I've got a big ol' bullseye on me. Grizz, how do you take your three Ts of daily coconut oil? I use about 1 T to scramble my eggs every morning, but that tends to be it. Do you eat it straight?
    CO is 60% MCT which you can take separately. We have it each day 1-2 Ts, or when we cook we use CO and then less MCT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast