Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heartburn Hell page

JenCat is offline Senior Member

Heartburn Hell

I've had terrible heartburn for the last couple of weeks. This is not at all typical for me. I never had heartburn until I was pregnant with my first and only had it when pregnant until after number 3. I get it very rarely, but recently it's all the time. Tums do nothing. Any cures?

animalcule is offline Senior Member
    Have you been eating more sweet potatoes recently?

Quote Originally Posted by animalcule View Post
    Have you been eating more sweet potatoes recently?
    No sweet potatoes. I can't imagine that it is food-related. I've been primal for 20 months. Bacon and eggs everyday, a salad now and then (not as often as I should), some dairy (cream for my tea, butter - lots of butter), other meats for dinner.

Lina is offline Member
    I'm sure that someone will advise you to see a professional, but until then... I always drink a glass of water 30 minutes prior to eating. Pickles help with heartburn too (at least for me). Or, drink water with a little apple cider vinegar in it.

I used to have heartburn so bad that I took two Prilosec a day and that was before I cut out soda for good. After I had my gall bladder out, no more heartburn problems.

(If anyone thinks this information is incorrect, I welcome corrections since I'm so new!)

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i get heart burn after eating too much acidic food like tomato sauce

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Could you be developing an egg intolerance?

slacker is offline Senior Member
    It is a "check with your doctor" issue, only because it can indicate something more dire, such as gall bladder disease, which things need to be ruled out.

Meanwhile, you can add these info-bits to your memory file on heartburn, which is a very common affliction.

Sometimes you can develop a reducible hiatal hernia -- a bit of the stomach getting snared in the opening of your diaphragm -- that feels like heartburn. Bad hiatal hernias need surgical repair, so, again, if this is a persistent problem, see your doctor. There are a couple of natural ways to reduce a mild occasional one. One method is to drink a big healthy glass of water and do a little bouncy dance while relaxing your abs. I am not making that up. Another is to lie on your back, relax your whole belly, and use the knuckle side of your fist to gently massage downward from your last ribs down and out toward your pelvis. I find the second method more reliable.

The most common causes of heartburn are dehydration and too-tight clothing. Ditch the jeggings. Corsets and anything like them are not primal!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    It is a "check with your doctor" issue, only because it can indicate something more dire, such as gall bladder disease, which things need to be ruled out.

Meanwhile, you can add these info-bits to your memory file on heartburn, which is a very common affliction.

Sometimes you can develop a reducible hiatal hernia -- a bit of the stomach getting snared in the opening of your diaphragm -- that feels like heartburn. Bad hiatal hernias need surgical repair, so, again, if this is a persistent problem, see your doctor. There are a couple of natural ways to reduce a mild occasional one. One method is to drink a big healthy glass of water and do a little bouncy dance while relaxing your abs. I am not making that up. Another is to lie on your back, relax your whole belly, and use the knuckle side of your fist to gently massage downward from your last ribs down and out toward your pelvis. I find the second method more reliable.

The most common causes of heartburn are dehydration and too-tight clothing. Ditch the jeggings. Corsets and anything like them are not primal!
    No corsets around here! Hoping it's not a hernia - really not interested in surgery. I'm wondering if it, too, could be a hormonal thing. I've had a lot of queasiness and headaches lately. I'll be 41 in a couple weeks and things are starting to get a little out of whack, hormonally speaking. It would be great to be able to ease the symptom, though.

coach81 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JenCat View Post
    I've had terrible heartburn for the last couple of weeks. This is not at all typical for me. I never had heartburn until I was pregnant with my first and only had it when pregnant until after number 3. I get it very rarely, but recently it's all the time. Tums do nothing. Any cures?
    Could be your Gall-bladder is going bad.. that is what happened to me..

1. Has your stool been strangely loose lately?
    2. Have you been having sharp pains that seem to shoot from your chest area to your back?
    3. Have you been having more "attacks" more and more frequently..

If any of these are symptoms.. go get the gall bladder checked.. GOOD LUCK!!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by coach81 View Post
    Could be your Gall-bladder is going bad.. that is what happened to me..

1. Has your stool been strangely loose lately?
    2. Have you been having sharp pains that seem to shoot from your chest area to your back?
    3. Have you been having more "attacks" more and more frequently..

If any of these are symptoms.. go get the gall bladder checked.. GOOD LUCK!!!
    Yikes! None of those symptoms - thankfully. Are you okay now?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast