Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Heartburn Hell page

  1. #1
    JenCat's Avatar
    JenCat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    501

    Heartburn Hell

    I've had terrible heartburn for the last couple of weeks. This is not at all typical for me. I never had heartburn until I was pregnant with my first and only had it when pregnant until after number 3. I get it very rarely, but recently it's all the time. Tums do nothing. Any cures?

  2. #2
    animalcule's Avatar
    animalcule is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    247
    Have you been eating more sweet potatoes recently?

  3. #3
    JenCat's Avatar
    JenCat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcule View Post
    Have you been eating more sweet potatoes recently?
    No sweet potatoes. I can't imagine that it is food-related. I've been primal for 20 months. Bacon and eggs everyday, a salad now and then (not as often as I should), some dairy (cream for my tea, butter - lots of butter), other meats for dinner.

  4. #4
    Lina's Avatar
    Lina is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    37
    I'm sure that someone will advise you to see a professional, but until then... I always drink a glass of water 30 minutes prior to eating. Pickles help with heartburn too (at least for me). Or, drink water with a little apple cider vinegar in it.

    I used to have heartburn so bad that I took two Prilosec a day and that was before I cut out soda for good. After I had my gall bladder out, no more heartburn problems.

    (If anyone thinks this information is incorrect, I welcome corrections since I'm so new!)

  5. #5
    bloodorchid's Avatar
    bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    tn
    Posts
    9,355
    i get heart burn after eating too much acidic food like tomato sauce

  6. #6
    jammies's Avatar
    jammies is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,518
    Could you be developing an egg intolerance?

  7. #7
    slacker's Avatar
    slacker is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest USA
    Posts
    557
    It is a "check with your doctor" issue, only because it can indicate something more dire, such as gall bladder disease, which things need to be ruled out.

    Meanwhile, you can add these info-bits to your memory file on heartburn, which is a very common affliction.

    Sometimes you can develop a reducible hiatal hernia -- a bit of the stomach getting snared in the opening of your diaphragm -- that feels like heartburn. Bad hiatal hernias need surgical repair, so, again, if this is a persistent problem, see your doctor. There are a couple of natural ways to reduce a mild occasional one. One method is to drink a big healthy glass of water and do a little bouncy dance while relaxing your abs. I am not making that up. Another is to lie on your back, relax your whole belly, and use the knuckle side of your fist to gently massage downward from your last ribs down and out toward your pelvis. I find the second method more reliable.

    The most common causes of heartburn are dehydration and too-tight clothing. Ditch the jeggings. Corsets and anything like them are not primal!

  8. #8
    JenCat's Avatar
    JenCat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    It is a "check with your doctor" issue, only because it can indicate something more dire, such as gall bladder disease, which things need to be ruled out.

    Meanwhile, you can add these info-bits to your memory file on heartburn, which is a very common affliction.

    Sometimes you can develop a reducible hiatal hernia -- a bit of the stomach getting snared in the opening of your diaphragm -- that feels like heartburn. Bad hiatal hernias need surgical repair, so, again, if this is a persistent problem, see your doctor. There are a couple of natural ways to reduce a mild occasional one. One method is to drink a big healthy glass of water and do a little bouncy dance while relaxing your abs. I am not making that up. Another is to lie on your back, relax your whole belly, and use the knuckle side of your fist to gently massage downward from your last ribs down and out toward your pelvis. I find the second method more reliable.

    The most common causes of heartburn are dehydration and too-tight clothing. Ditch the jeggings. Corsets and anything like them are not primal!
    No corsets around here! Hoping it's not a hernia - really not interested in surgery. I'm wondering if it, too, could be a hormonal thing. I've had a lot of queasiness and headaches lately. I'll be 41 in a couple weeks and things are starting to get a little out of whack, hormonally speaking. It would be great to be able to ease the symptom, though.

  9. #9
    coach81's Avatar
    coach81 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by JenCat View Post
    I've had terrible heartburn for the last couple of weeks. This is not at all typical for me. I never had heartburn until I was pregnant with my first and only had it when pregnant until after number 3. I get it very rarely, but recently it's all the time. Tums do nothing. Any cures?
    Could be your Gall-bladder is going bad.. that is what happened to me..

    1. Has your stool been strangely loose lately?
    2. Have you been having sharp pains that seem to shoot from your chest area to your back?
    3. Have you been having more "attacks" more and more frequently..

    If any of these are symptoms.. go get the gall bladder checked.. GOOD LUCK!!!

  10. #10
    JenCat's Avatar
    JenCat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    501
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by coach81 View Post
    Could be your Gall-bladder is going bad.. that is what happened to me..

    1. Has your stool been strangely loose lately?
    2. Have you been having sharp pains that seem to shoot from your chest area to your back?
    3. Have you been having more "attacks" more and more frequently..

    If any of these are symptoms.. go get the gall bladder checked.. GOOD LUCK!!!
    Yikes! None of those symptoms - thankfully. Are you okay now?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •